• Show
Clear All

• Has the NIT announced anything?

Billikens, Tigers, and Bears, oh my!!!
    Make America Great For Once.

just saw on ESPN scrollbar

Mizzou vs Michigan in NIT
    Sponsor of Adam Wainwright
    Sponsor of the $0.50 any-size frozen coke at Mobil on the Run when the Cards score six
    There are 24 teams in baseball with a longer World Series drought than the St. Louis Cardinals.
    "I told myself from the beginning, 'If he's going to throw a shutout, then he's going to tie,' ... he was not going to beat me today." ---Adam Wainwright, 8/11/10
    "I was confused." ---Tim McCarver, 7/30/15

Comment

Billikens play at home (St. Charles Family Arena) against Iowa.

Comment

What's wrong with Mizzou vs SLU ? Pressure from Mizzou not to play, maybe????
        RIP Stan the Man
        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
        I miss TLR!

Comment

Quinns asshole puckered up when that matchup was mentioned..
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

I haven't seen the brackets but certainly Mizzou and SLU could be matched up later.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazlaz@Mar 14 2004, 08:49 PM
              just saw on ESPN scrollbar

Mizzou vs Michigan in NIT
              Only one more embarrassment to endure this year.
              "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

when do they usually announce brackets for the NIT?
                Are you on the list?

Comment

NIT Brackets

Missouri and SLU are on the top and bottom. They cannot meet until the final four at MSG. I am surprised SMS did not make it. Creighton and Wich St the only teams from the MVC.

SLU/Iowa plays the winner of Purdue/Notre Dame
                  Mizzou/Michigan plays the winner of LSU/Oklahoma

Comment

I believed they've at least announced that their tourney produces the 65th (or is it 66th or 67th, with the play-in game?) best team in the nation.
                    " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Funny you look at the teams there, and their records, Mizzou with a 16-13 almost looks like they don't belong there either.
                      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

SLU and Iowa--pretty good matchup. SLU gets the home game and on ESPN2 also. "Home" game in the sense that it is actually close to St. Louis--St. Charles Family Arena. I wonder about the security of Alford's job. Also wonder if Frericks can go for SLU. I know Iowa has good guards, but so does SLU. My guess is that Iowa will be a slight favorite.

No postseason for SMS--that sucks.

Missouri and Michigan--two Coach K proteges (Amaker and Snyder). Interestingly, both teams had a player plead guilty to assault for an incident last year (Clemons and Robinson). Both kept their player on scholarship, but Robinson didn't wreck an ATV at the U or M's President's house. Both also have had some recent experience with NCAA investigations (but I think Michigan's didn't have anything to do with Amaker). Gotta figure Michigan will be favored.
                        I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by jhuegy@Mar 14 2004, 09:05 PM
                          What's wrong with Mizzou vs SLU ? Pressure from Mizzou not to play, maybe????
                          I could care less who we play because the NIT sucks, but I'd much rather play Michigan than SLU. I'm sure most Mizzou fans would agree. The Snyder/Amaker story line is much bigger on a national scale than Mizzou/SLU would be.
                          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

I can always count on BurnKU for some good stuff when it comes to Missouri basketball.

Burn, yes, I agree the melodrama of Michigan v. Mizzou is more compelling than playing an in-state team. State schools with overrated programs from "major" conferences and NCAA violations are always big on a national scale.

No way was Missouri going to agree to play SLU. And frankly, I don't really care. That matchup doesn't mean that much to me. But I bet it did to the folks at Missouri.
                            I'm always right.

Comment

I don't exactly understand why FSU has to travel somewhere to play in the first round.
                              June 9, 1973 - The day athletic perfection was defined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Kva...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X