5 Homers and 14 RBI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Homers and 14 RBI's

I know these games don't mean a thing, but Drew looks ready to go off this year. Anyone else anxious about this? I always hated how he never played hurt and ALWAYS seemed to have some kind of ailment, but if he stays healthy, he could really go off this year. I would really hate to see this, considering that we waited so long for him to do this for the Cards.
    *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Originally posted by dhaab@Mar 14 2004, 02:42 AM
    Anyone else anxious about this?
    No.

He doesn't play for us anymore.

And if Marquis, King, or Wainwright, or any combination of the above, comes through for the Cardinals, I'll be even LESS anxious. Sometimes you have to fish or cut bait, and that time was now for J.D. Drew, even if he shocks the crap out of everybody with 40 HR and 125 RBI this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kah2523+Mar 14 2004, 03:10 AM-->
      QUOTE (kah2523 @ Mar 14 2004, 03:10 AM)

He is in his last contract year before full Free Agency. I have been speculating for some time that this would be the year he gets 500 ABs.

I even have a bet with Scott that he gets 450.

Even if he blows out this year and has a huge season ...next year he will be back to the same old JD and getting about 300 ABs.

Good riddance. We waited long enough for him.
      Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

You guys wanted him out so bad......
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 14 2004, 10:08 AM
          You guys wanted him out so bad......
          I had too many hopes for him for too long

Now I can hope for Marquis and Wainright
          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB+Mar 14 2004, 10:16 AM-->
            QUOTE (TTB @ Mar 14 2004, 10:16 AM)

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 14 2004, 10:17 AM-->
            QUOTE (WinstonSmith @ Mar 14 2004, 10:17 AM)
            Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 10:16 AM

Yes we did.

It was a rock and hard place with Drew.

I just would have preferred to deal him somewhere in the AL, or at the very least somewhere other than Atlanta.
            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

The Braves were robbed, had they done a sign and trade that would be fine, but even if he has a breakout season he will be a FA next year and demand a ton of money the Braves can't pay.
              The Braves will be in the same spot the Cards were, they gave up some good players for a guy who can walk away.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 14 2004, 10:21 AM
                Yes we did.

It was a rock and hard place with Drew.

I just would have preferred to deal him somewhere in the AL, or at the very least somewhere other than Atlanta.
                Since he is from GA I think they felt they would have a good shot a re-signing him after this year which was probably a big factor

Without that factor we probably don't get two young hard throwers

At least he is not in our division, I'd have been pissed to see him in a Cubs uniform
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

• Working...
                  X