UPDATE: Flag Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Flag Football

ok, i'm in a flag football league, it's our first time playing, while the other teams in our league play year round.

week 1.....we get killed 49-0, i threw like 5 INT's. it was bad.
    week 2.....we still get killed, but only 33-0. only 1 INT, but we dropped two TD's, and had a penalty call back a third TD.

so we need to frickin' score, dammit. i'm more of a receiver type, but the only other guys who could possibly QB can't see over the OL. so i kinda have to QB. last week was much better than the nightmare known as week 1. and it would have been real good if our guys would not look to where they're going to run the ball before they catch the ball. like i said, we dropped two TD's, but we dropped a bunch of other passes, too.

has anyone played before? tips?
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 14 2004, 12:05 AM
    ok, i'm in a flag football league, it's our first time playing, while the other teams in our league play year round.

week 1.....we get killed 49-0, i threw like 5 INT's. it was bad.
    week 2.....we still get killed, but only 33-0. only 1 INT, but we dropped two TD's, and had a penalty call back a third TD.

so we need to frickin' score, dammit. i'm more of a receiver type, but the only other guys who could possibly QB can't see over the OL. so i kinda have to QB. last week was much better than the nightmare known as week 1. and it would have been real good if our guys would not look to where they're going to run the ball before they catch the ball. like i said, we dropped two TD's, but we dropped a bunch of other passes, too.

has anyone played before? tips?
    J-o-e,
    It's all about misdirection and well-executed gimmick plays....oh, and it doesn't hurt if everybody on your team is faster than the guys on the other team...

p.s. Where are you playing? My little brother's in a thursday league @ the Jamestown Complex in north county...
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

in St. Peters.

hey stroker, that "fast" thing.....that may be one of our probs

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 14 2004, 12:25 AM
        in St. Peters.

hey stroker, that "fast" thing.....that may be one of our probs
        yeah...that's why I can't cut it @ flag football...i'm a more physical "grinder" type...
        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
        -mike
        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

eh......it's fun, even though we totally blow. you should play if you get the chance.

Comment

Here's a tip

Try to avoid running thru dog turds. That won't help you win any games but you will smell better when you get home.
            Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Throw lots of outs. 5, 10 yard outs, all game long. No one should have a cover guy with enough quickness to cover it if they're protecting against a deep ball and you throw the ball quick enough. Either they'll let you have it all game, or even better, they'll start to jump the routes. Once they do a couple of times, pump fake on the out and up. It should give your receiver at least a few steps and all you have to do is let him run under the ball. Once it works, go back to throwing the outs again, and from there you should be able to mix them up. It takes patience, but it works.

Once you finally score, here's a great conversion play. Have someone line up to the far right or left and cme in motion. Once he gets passed the offensive line, snap the ball, have him take the two steps into the endzone then continue in the same direction of the motion. Throw the ball low and away from him and it should work everytime.

I have a couple of other plays that should work too.
              Official Lounge Sponsor:
              Tom Brady, Brandon Spikes and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
              The 29 Time Beanpot Champion Boston University Terriers
              Clay Buchholz, Dustin Pedroia, Aaron Curry

Comment

Could this be the Flag version of the West Coast offense?
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again. Then give up. There's no use being a damned fool about it.

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 14 2004, 02:10 PM
                    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again. Then give up. There's no use being a damned fool about it.
                    Or, "If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you do succeed."
                    RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                    You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

well, we played the best team in the league today. didn't have any subs. we thought we were in trouble, because we scrimmaged these guys a couple of times before the season started, and they kicked the shit out of us.

but i was on fire today, baby! first throw was bad, INT. after that, i was rolling. completed about 70% of my passes. drove the ball down on them with quick slants. we have it set up to where i QB 1st and 2nd down, and we have a little quick guy do 3rd and 4th, because he is F'ing fast as shit. but i got behind the D, and he lobbed it right over the top for our first TD. failed on the conversion, so it was 7-6. then we picked the ball off on the next possession, and our little scramler QB did his thing and weaved right through for another TD. another failed conversion, but we were winning 12-7.

then they came back. and won, 22-12. but we played a great game. i was very happy that we played that well, with no subs, against the best team in the league. our defense was stout today.

Lippa, thanks for the tips. any other plays you have in mind would be great.

Comment

Working...
                      X