Saturday Night Confessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Confessions

OK. I normally have a pseudo-excuse to be on here late during the week as I work with Asian markets which are 12-13 hours ahead of me. But this is Saturday night and I'm waiting for my 18 year old to FINALLY return from the hockey game (first confession is that I broke down and bought him a 6 game package for Christmas and since he made the honor roll bought him the first two rounds of playoff tickets.................how's that for being an optimist?)

Anyway, the little blonde has crashed and I'm on my second bottle of Chateau Larose-Trintaudon (a Medoc).......

What are you guys drinking/smoking to while the hours away here?

ice water and saltine crackers...
    . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
    -mike
    mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

A Single Highland Malt from Linkwood Distillery..........

But just one maybe two...........I can get carried away with the malts if I'm not careful...........
      AKA reddevil
      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Lemon water and asprin
        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 14 2004, 12:05 AM
          Lemon water and asprin
          Solid picks...I'm more of an ibuprofen-guy, but aspirin is cool every now and then...also:

I'd be a much better poster if I had unlimited refills on my percocet prescription!
          . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
          -mike
          mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by davel@Mar 14 2004, 12:03 AM
            A Single Highland Malt from Linkwood Distillery..........

But just one maybe two...........I can get carried away with the malts if I'm not careful...........
            My wife collects Royal Daulton 'character jugs' (some people call the 'Toby Jugs').

For Christmas I bought her (off of ebay) a 1986 '100th anniversary of Grants' jug.

It had never been opened. I wrapped it and presented it to her on Christmas Day. When she opened it, the china contained (inside of it) a full bottle of 20 YEAR OLD GRANTS malt whiskey..........20 years old in 1986 therefore, from 1966 making it 'now' 2 years away from being a 40 year old bottle of malt whiskey.

She has no interest in the contents, only the Daulton character jug that holds it. My daughter will graduate from London School of Journalism (post-grad) about that time and since she'll be the first one in my family to go beyond the undergrad bit, I'm going to inhale the whole bottle that day.

Malt whiskey..............a gift from the gods.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Mar 14 2004, 12:11 AM-->
              QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Mar 14 2004, 12:11 AM)

Dr. Pepper!

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode+Mar 14 2004, 12:13 AM-->
                QUOTE (DaLode @ Mar 14 2004, 12:13 AM)
                Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 12:11 AM

Malt whiskey..............a gift from the gods.

Lode............I guess God had to give them something.........From what I hear, the Scots aren't much in the culinary arts............

Take care of that bottle and let me know how it went down...........
                AKA reddevil
                AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolStroker+Mar 14 2004, 12:11 AM-->
                  QUOTE (OldSchoolStroker @ Mar 14 2004, 12:11 AM)

Drinking hot chocolate because I just bailed my idiot brother out of jail.
                  RIP Chris Jones 1971-2009
                  You'll never be forgotten.

Comment

Mineral water and Starlight mints.
                    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by JWB@Mar 14 2004, 05:46 AM
                      Drinking hot chocolate because I just bailed my idiot brother out of jail.
                      I can remember when my brother had to bail me out

Those were the days....

Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I quit a while ago, was having WAY too much fun with Absolute and Ice tea, hell Absolute and anything.

Just honestly see no reason to get drunk or stoned or anything else anymore.

I'll have a Bloody Mary once or twice a year, MAYBE one Bud Light at a fantasy baseball draft, but other than that I don't see being drunk or even just buzzed as being fun.
                        Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

• Working...
                          X