Spain: Tape claims al-Qaida behind blasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spain: Tape claims al-Qaida behind blasts

Spain's interior minister said Sunday a videotape has been discovered claiming al-Qaida carried out the Madrid terrorist attacks, but that he could not verify the veracity of the claim.

Interior Minister Angel Acebes said a man identifying himself as the military spokesman of al-Qaida in Europe claimed the group was responsible for the attacks Thursday that killed 200 people and wounded 1,500.

"We declare our responsibility for what happened in Madrid exactly 2 1/2 years after the attacks on New York and Washington," said the man, according to a government translation of the tape, which was recorded in Arabic. "It is a response to your collaboration with the criminals Bush and his allies."

MORE

Mr. G

My 10 year old said to me tonight, "Do you know that it's been exactly 911 days since our 9/11 until Madrid's 3/11 ?"

Hopefully she heard that on the news or else I need to put a new battery in her calculator before making her take the MENSA test.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 13 2004, 10:14 PM
      My 10 year old said to me tonight, "Do you know that it's been exactly 911 days since our 9/11 until Madrid's 3/11 ?"

Hopefully she heard that on the news or else I need to put a new battery in her calculator before making her take the MENSA test.

Mr. G

Comment

Somebody was saying the same thing either here or Bernies

I laughed
        Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

It was 912 days according to my calculations. I mentioned this in another thread. It would have been 911 if it wasn't for leap year.

Can you imagine the Al Qaida meeting to discuss the date? They probably argued over whether it was more important to have it 911 days later or to have the 3/11 date. That must have been a debate!
          "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

speaking of MENSA...did anyone watch that IQ test show last week and take the test...?
            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
            -mike
            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by phantom+Mar 14 2004, 12:20 AM-->
              QUOTE (phantom @ Mar 14 2004, 12:20 AM)
              Working...
              X