Warren Sapp on the Rams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Sapp on the Rams?

It was in SI, and Bernie mentioned it as well, that the rams are in the hunt for the services of Warren Sapp.

i think it would be sweet, what do you guys think of that? he and Turley on the same team
    Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

We can't draft DTs so we overpay for an aging one.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I don't see how the Rams could possibly fit Sapp into their pay structure when they're probably going to have to pay Bulger more than just qualifying tag and sign all their draft picks.

Comment

Warren Sapp is on the downhill side of his career. I'll pass.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Would you trade Pace for him?
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

No.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Sapp is on the downslope. I wouldn't mind having him but not at the price he will want.

Pass.
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

I would love to have him if the price was right. I doubt the price is right though.

Would I trade Pace for him? It's not equal value as far as on the field production but I would 'assume' Sapp costs less money. I see Pace as a problem for the Rams. The Bucs see Sapp as a problem. We could trade problems and see if it works.

Comment

It wouldn't be a trade. Right now, Warren Sapp is not the property of any team. He is an unrestricted free agent.

If the Rams were to sign Sapp, they'd probably have to remove the franchise tag from Pace, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Comment

As much as St. Louis rips this guy for being a great player people probably don't want to admit it.
                    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

dev,

Effectively - in football terms - that's a trade.

I haven't been watching.

Did Meadows sign with anyone yet?
                      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I'd take him - gladly.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

The sad thing is knowing Martz, I am sure he wants him to play TE and not DT.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

JD,

I figured that's what you meant.

Meadows signed with Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 13 2004, 06:18 PM
                              It wouldn't be a trade. Right now, Warren Sapp is not the property of any team. He is an unrestricted free agent.

If the Rams were to sign Sapp, they'd probably have to remove the franchise tag from Pace, making him an unrestricted free agent.
                              If Pace signs with another team do the Rams get any compensation. I doubt it since he's unrestricted.

To another poster----I'll admit Pace is good, real good. You are right, most Rams fans don't want to admit this.

Comment

Working...
                              X