Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Benson expects trade sooner rather than later

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...4news&fext=.jsp

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Benson's agent has informed him that five teams -- including the Yankees, Cardinals, Phillies and Braves -- are currently in negotiations to acquire the former No. 1 overall selection in the 1996 First-Year Player Draft. The The New Jersey Star-Ledger reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are also believed to be a fifth team interested in Benson.

If we're gonna spend money on pitching, i'd rather they made an effort to go another route than Benson.

Comment

i wonder if we could trade woody for him? pittsburgh wouldn't be obligated to woody beyond this season. that or matty mo.
      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

Originally posted by bigJOE@Mar 12 2004, 04:50 PM
        i wonder if we could trade woody for him? pittsburgh wouldn't be obligated to woody beyond this season. that or matty mo.
        Plus I bet Pitt surgeons could use the practice on Woody's arm.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
        X