Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry fails to back up foreign 'endorsements'

Interesting

According to travel records kept by the Secretary of the Senate, Mr. Kerry's last official trip abroad was in early 2002 when he visited the United Kingdom, Jordan, Egypt and Israel. The only other trip noted in Senate records since that time is an October 2002 domestic trip to Charleston, S.C., to appear on MSNBC's Hardball program.
    The Washington Times also scoured White House, State Department and other public records for all official trips made to the United States by foreign leaders since the start of last year. During more than 30 such trips, Mr. Kerry was out of town campaigning, at home or in the hospital for a prostate-cancer operation, according to his travel schedules from this year and last.
    The only instance found when Mr. Kerry was in the same town as a foreign leader was Sept. 24, when New Zealand Foreign Minister Philip Goff was in Washington meeting with State Department officials. On that day, according to his schedule, Mr. Kerry received the endorsement of the International Association of Fire Fighters in Washington.

When other countries are allowed to vote for our President, let me know.

Comment

depending on what happens 11/04, it could be sooner rather than later.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I don't think there is any doubt that Kerry is Assad's and Mubarak's kind of guy.
        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 12 2004, 02:35 PM
          I don't think there is any doubt that Kerry is Assad's and Mubarak's kind of guy.
          can you back that up.

If not, I will stalk you for years to come.

Comment

I don't think there is any doubt that Bush is the bin Ladin family's kind of guy.
            2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

I have a problem with the fact he says he met with them when he didn't.

Comment

There is no doubt Kerry is the Hussein family's kind of guy.
                Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Mar 12 2004, 02:38 PM
                  Who said the intelligence reports on Kerry's travel habits are accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card+Mar 12 2004, 02:39 PM-->
                    QUOTE (Iowa_Card @ Mar 12 2004, 02:39 PM)

Originally posted by pgrote@Mar 12 2004, 02:38 PM
                    Well, it could be that Kerry spoke with the leaders on the phone and considered that a "meeting", and the Republicans are insisting on a literal definition of meeting meaning "in the flesh".
                    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Literal definitions, huh.

Well, who ever would of thunk it?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 12 2004, 02:42 PM-->
                        QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 12 2004, 02:42 PM)

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Mar 12 2004, 02:44 PM
                        And now, meeting apparently...
                        I told my wife the same thing this morning.

Ok, so I'll talk meeting to mean on the phone.

So is he guilty of deception?

Comment

pgrote - I didn't follow your last post, because of a typo. Please clarify.
                          "Ok, so I'll talk meeting to mean on the phone. So is he guilty of deception?"

Here's what Kery said:
                          "I've met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," he said. "But, boy, they look at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' Things like that."

If Kerry talked to the leaders on the phone, I don't think he was being deceptive, although he was not clear. He should clarify what he meant.

Comment

• Working...
                            X