The Plumber From Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plumber From Hell

If you're a masochist with a plumbing problem (flooding and water heater problems here since last night) just call A.J. Hoffmann & Sons Plumbing at 636-271-2424. These people advertise that they are 'fast' 'reliable' and 'dependable'.

The 'VERY LATEST' (I was told today) is that they'd be here by 3:30. At 4 o'clock I was told "I'll be there within the hour."

At 5:30 I called and was told, "I'm running late and it may be as late as 7:30".

At 8:00 I called and was told, "Running a bit late but I'm in the neighborhood next to yours and will be there within the next 25 minutes to half-hour."

At 10:00 I called and was told, "Just about to finish, will be there shortly and if there is any delay I'll call you."

He never called and at 11:30 I called him only for him to tell me, "Running late and I don't know how long it will be."

I called a different plumber who will be here at 8 a.m. (hopefully).

Forget the Better Business Bureau. They're useless. Just a word to the wise for my friends on here, avoid this A.J. Hoffman outfit like the plague.

Not only are they unrealiable and undependable, they're liars who have a complete disregard for their customers.

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 12 2004, 12:03 AM
    If you're a masochist with a plumbing problem (flooding and water heater problems here since last night) just call A.J. Hoffmann & Sons Plumbing at 636-271-2424. These people advertise that they are 'fast' 'reliable' and 'dependable'.

The 'VERY LATEST' (I was told today) is that they'd be here by 3:30. At 4 o'clock I was told "I'll be there within the hour."

At 5:30 I called and was told, "I'm running late and it may be as late as 7:30".

At 8:00 I called and was told, "Running a bit late but I'm in the neighborhood next to yours and will be there withing the next 25 minutes to half-hour."

At 10:00 I called and was told, "Just about to finish, will be there shortly and if there is any delay I'll call you."

He never called and at 11:30 I called him only for him to tell me, "Running late and I don't know how long it will be."

I called a different plumber who will be here at 8 a.m. (hopefully).

Forget the Better Business Bureau. They're useless. Just a word to the wise for my friends on here, avoid this A.J. Hoffman outfit like the plague.

Not only are they unrealiable and undependable, they're liars who have a complete disregard for their customers.

What a $#@$@#$#@ jackass. If he had told you earlier, you could have rescheduled with somebody else for tonight. And EVEN if he overbooked, okay, be a man and let you know.

Hope everything is okay in the house, D

What if you get a knock at the door at 3am?

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Sorry about the venting LV Reb but thanks for the empathy. My last comment to him was that I was making arrangements for another plumber to come fix this mess in the morning. He was consistant if nothing else, and simply hung up the phone.

Only upside of this was the first cold shower I've had in about 30 years. Very invigorating! However, don't check your shrivelled self out in the mirror afterwards. It's a 'little' depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 12 2004, 12:32 AM
        Sorry about the venting LV Reb but thanks for the empathy. My last comment to him was that I was making arrangements for another plumber to come fix this mess in the morning. He was consistant if nothing else, and simply hung up the phone.

Only upside of this was the first cold shower I've had in about 30 years. Very invigorating! However, don't check your shrivelled self out in the mirror afterwards. It's a 'little' depressing.
        reliable plumber is an oxymoron... ...I've had my share of run-ins with f-ed up pipe-jockeys too...perhaps we could start a support group?
        . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
        -mike
        mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

Comment

Originally posted by DaLode@Mar 12 2004, 12:32 AM

"I was in the pool!! There's shrinkage".. George Costanza
          I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

"I was in the pool!! There's shrinkage".. George Costanza
            You mean the laundry?

Moon

Comment

What a tool, hope you call him to tell him what a great job the other guy did

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Working...
              X