Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Supreme Court does what right!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Supreme Court does what right!!!

Calif.'s Top Court Blocks Gay Marriages
    23 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By DAVID KRAVETS, Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO - The California Supreme Court on Thursday ordered an immediate halt to gay marriages in San Francisco, delivering a victory to conservatives who have fought for a month to block the ceremonies.

The court did not rule on the legality of such marriages, and justices said they would hear such a case in May or June.

The dispute began Feb. 12, when Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered his administration to issue same-sex marriage licenses. A steady stream of gay and lesbians from around the country have traveled to be married at City Hall, just a block from the Supreme Court.
    Make America Great For Once.

So the legal system is working exactly as it is supposed to.

Think that will stop Bush from trying to change the constitution?
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

He can try all he wants.

It cannot happen without a significant majority of congress and ratification by 38 states.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

At least it puts a stop to the madness, until they can hear a reasonable( ) arguement to overturn the current law.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 11 2004, 05:09 PM
          He can try all he wants.

It cannot happen without a significant majority of congress and ratification by 38 states.
          Thank goodness the Founding Fathers were able to foresee the possibility of an extremist president who would change the constitution on a whim.
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Doesn't matter, this isn't a fight between gays who want to express their love and people who want to protect marriage. The people doing the fighting are homophobes vs greedy people who want marriage benefits.
            Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 11 2004, 05:13 PM-->
              QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 11 2004, 05:13 PM)

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 11 2004, 05:16 PM
              Too bad they couldn't do anything about possibility of an extremist president and congress who would write discriminatory federal laws, like the "Defense of Marriage Act"
              Yes they did - they set up a process for the Supreme Court to review laws to determine if they are constitutional.

You really do need some civics lessons.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 11 2004, 05:13 PM-->
                QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 11 2004, 05:13 PM)

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 11 2004, 05:20 PM
                If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me for help.
                You would be the wrong person to ask.

Sort of like asking Clinton how to stay fauthful.

Or OJ on how to hide a murder.

Or Rush on how to buy drugs on the downlow.

Comment

Sorry I set you off pgrote. I didn't realize you were so sensitive to discussions about the constitution, especially when everything I wrote was accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 11 2004, 05:31 PM
                    Sorry I set you off pgrote. I didn't realize you were so sensitive to discussions about the constitution, especially when everything I wrote was accurate.
                    Yes. Framed in a negative context.

Good job. You are getting better at this. At least now you aren't lying. Just smearing.

You da man.

Comment

I hate to see you guys fighting so I won't mention now that I found out Grote is sleeping with trig's wife
                      Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote+Mar 11 2004, 05:32 PM-->
                        QUOTE (pgrote @ Mar 11 2004, 05:32 PM)

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Mar 11 2004, 05:36 PM
                        I think he would change the constitution single-handedly if he could.

Sorry pgrote, but I don't think those are such controversial statements.
                        Yes. He has tried and failed to do this multiple times. :-)

Knowing that he and his folks know what it takes to change the constitution he sneakily released details of how he was going to change the constitution without anyone knowing. Imaging the shock the rest of the country would feel if they actually publicized their plans.

Oh.

So you've built an argument around something that could never happen, right?

I see.

Like I said, you da man.

Comment

• Working...
                          X