Question about Bertuzzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Bertuzzi

I don't follow hockey closely, but I'm intrigued by this Bertuzzi situation. Let's say he does the exact same thing, but the other player suffers no serious injury. Would he still be punished?

I don't think so. I think this is the other guy's fault for having such a weak neck bone.

Rebuttal?
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Moore should of got a diving penalty.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Are you serious? You are really blaming it on Moore? You are in idiot. It is obviously Bush's fault.
      Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

The whole incident never would have happened if the instigator rule didn't exist. That's the real source of blame.

If Moore hadn't been hurt, Bertuzzi would not receive such a suspension. A gigantic melee would have ensued (it did begin, until everyone realized Moore was badly hurt) and there would have been a few short suspensions and fines.

Comment

I think Bert would have still drawn a suspension. Look at Grant Marshall, who wasn't hurt by Nolan's glove hit in the face (not a sucker punch). Nolan got 11 games.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU@Mar 11 2004, 04:43 PM
            Are you serious? You are really blaming it on Moore? You are in idiot. It is obviously Bush's fault.
            1. I'm not serious.
            2. I'm not blaming it on Moore.
            3. I am an idiot.
            4. Most things are, right?

I do think this: The punishment wouldn't be nearly so severe if the guy's neck hadn't been broken. In other words, I'm not sure the hockey brass care that much about a guy getting decked like that.....but I could be wrong. See No. 3.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Mar 11 2004, 02:52 PM
              I think Bert would have still drawn a suspension. Look at Grant Marshall, who wasn't hurt by Nolan's glove hit in the face (not a sucker punch). Nolan got 11 games.
              Suspended, yes. But nothing like what he has received.

Comment

Everyone's reaction to this is so, lets say, exaggerated.

Its only a neck.

The threat of a broken neck is just so exaggerated.

Let Bertuzzi play.

Comment

quit exaggerating
                  Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan+Mar 11 2004, 04:56 PM-->
                    QUOTE (kennyboyerfan @ Mar 11 2004, 04:56 PM)
                    Working...
                    X