Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penguins losing 2-0, would be 17th loss in a row

What an embarrassment.

.... and this concludes our reasons that the NHL is broken.

Comment

I'm on record as predicting their next win to come March 7, at the Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 20 2004, 08:23 PM
        I'm on record as predicting their next win to come March 7, at the Rangers.
        Maybe they'll skate to a 0-0 or 1-1 tie...

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Last year, the Penguins snapped a 16-game winless streak at MSG. That was the debut of the "WE WANT REFUNDS!" and "SATHER MUST GO!" chants at the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 20 2004, 08:30 PM
            Last year, the Penguins snapped a 16-game winless streak at MSG. That was the debut of the "WE WANT REFUNDS!" and "SATHER MUST GO!" chants at the Garden.
            History will probably repeat itself, then.

If they don't snap the streak against the Rangers on the 7th, their schedule sucks until they meet the Rangers again - 7 games later...

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 20 2004, 06:46 PM
              If they don't snap the streak against the Rangers on the 7th, their schedule sucks until they meet the Rangers again - 7 games later...
              The Penguins could have a stretch of 10 games in which they only play Washington, Chicago, Columbus and Carolina and it would be a brutal stretch for them--they're 13 points worse than the next worse team in the league.

Count me among those rooting for them to finish with under 40 points.

Comment

It's official. 17 in a row.

Comment

Sad, sad, sad....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Of the 17 losses, only one came in overtime.

The pathetic team that gave the Penguins the one point?

I'll give you three guesses.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Feb 20 2004, 09:01 PM
                      Of the 17 losses, only one came in overtime.

The pathetic team that gave the Penguins the one point?

I'll give you three guesses.
                      1) Winnipeg Jets
                      2) Toronto St. Pats
                      3) St. Louis Blues

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Go Pens!!!...as i secretly cry.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 20 2004, 08:19 PM
                          .... and this concludes our reasons that the NHL is broken.
                          Did you watch the Detroit Tigers play last year?

How about the San Diego Chargers?

Catch an Orlando Magic or Chicago Bulls game lately?

The NHL doesn't have a monopoly on really crappy teams. So should we assume all leagues are "broken" since every league has some really terrible teams?

The NHL has issues but so do most of the pro sports. NBA is nearly as irrelevant as the NHL.

You can't watch whats happened in MLB this past week and think they don't have some serious issues.

Only pro football seems to be in decent shape. And they still force fans to watch San Diego and Arizona.

We can at least hope the end of the CBA helps resolve some of the NHL's problems. I see no respite for the NBA or baseball.
                          Sponsor of Alex Pieterangelo.

..."I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." George Best

Comment

I would be willing to bet that the CBA debacle only gets a small bandaid fix.... just enough to keep it a niche market sport.

Comment

The problem I have with the NHL and NBA is that they're simply too many teams. Not only are their too many teams, too many of them make the playoffs. Both leagues could stand to eliminate at least six teams. The talant pool is so watered down, you hace guys on squads nowadays, who twenty years ago would either be in the minors (NHL) or playing in Europe (NBA). Also, by having an overabundance of teams, you lose those intense rivalries. It used to mean something when the Blues played the Hawks, the Celtics played the Sixers, the Rangers played the Islanders, or the Lakers played the Suns. Today, with the scheduel all stretched out, these natural rivalries are rendered useless.

JMO.......
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Working...
                              X