Dead Milkmen Bassist Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Milkmen Bassist Dead

Sad. They were a great band. Also, these musicians committing suicide is getting really disturbing. Elliot Smith was understandable, this one is not.

http://www.deadmilkmen.com/dmffa/viewtopic.php?t=1064

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...?IDLink=868410
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_...t_id=1000460203

2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

I guess he couldn't take it anymore, and who could blame him. He KNEW what the queers were doing to the soil in Iowa. Will he be cremated? You know, If you love somebody, you should set them on fire.

Comment

Who's going to take the retards to the zoo now?
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

if his dairy deliverer would have died, would the headline have read:

"Dead Milkmen's Milkman Dead"
        Official Lounge Sponsor of Cardinals Stirrups

Comment

Did he get run over by a bitchin' camaro?

Or did he OD smokin' banana peels?
          His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
          Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 11 2004, 12:47 PM
            Did he get run over by a bitchin' camaro?

Or did he OD smokin' banana peels?
            Damnit, you beat me to the punch!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Deacon Blues@Mar 11 2004, 12:40 PM
              if his dairy deliverer would have died, would the headline have read:

"Dead Milkmen's Milkman Dead"
              Whoa. It's like a palindrome.
              2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Thats too bad. I listened to them in college and still play a couple of their songs in my head from time to time
                “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

Trig,

Why was Eliot Smith understandable?

I know nothing of his bio.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 11 2004, 12:52 PM
                    Trig,

Why was Eliot Smith understandable?

I know nothing of his bio.
                    Smith was a heroin addict who had struggled with depression his whole life and wrote songs about killing himself. I don't think anyone was surprised that he killed himself, although I'm furious that his medial problems weren't handled better. Very similar to Kurt Cobain.

Smith was one of the best songwriters around and an absolutely phenomenal guitarist, and his death was horribly tragic.

Comment

Here's an interesting interview with the bassist from last year. He talks about his favorite bands and things. He had severe tendonitis in his wrists.

One thing that stuck out -he's a Rory Gallagher fan. Man, I love Rory Gallagher.

http://www.markprindle.com/blood-i.htm

Q. What one thing do you want the world to know about Mr. Dave Blood?

A. I played in a band called the Dead Milkmen, and, strange as it may seem, I AM allergic to dairy products.

Comment

I loved Eliot Smith's voice.

I knew he was an alcoholic form his lyrics, but didn't know about the heroin.

Thanks.

Comment

I was a big fan of the DM in high school. Saw them live once @ KU in Lawrence, fun band.

Comment

In honor, one of their last great hits. So wrong, yet so right.

I Dream Of Jesus

It was during my 2nd senior year when Mom found Jesus Christ. His
                            spirit was trapped inside an old manischevitz bottle that Mom picked
                            out of the dumpster behind the 7-11. Mom brought the bottle inside and
                            sat it down on top of the TV. Then she told all of us kids to gather
                            round, and then she explained how Jesus lived in the bottle, and how,
                            if she wanted to, she could call him out to do her bidding. Sis said it
                            reminded her of an old TV show, and Mom slapped her and called her a
                            heretic. I didn't say anything, cause I just still remember the time
                            outside the Safeway, when it took 4 security guards to hold Mom down.

Jesus loves me, yes I know
                            For the Bible tells me so
                            When I'm weak he makes me strong
                            That's why I sing this song
                            If I die before I wake
                            Pray to him my soul don't take

It wasn't long before people from all over the world started coming to
                            our house to see the bottle. At first I thought that this would make me
                            more popular at school. Instead it seemed to have the opposite result.
                            Kids would stop and point at me in the hallway and say, "There's the boy
                            whose mother keeps our savior cooped up in that tiny little bottle." And
                            then everybody started calling me 'Bottle boy'. And that really hurt. It
                            was also around this time that Mom began to attract some really weird
                            followers. Like that guy who never used deodorant and spoke only in
                            riddles. And that woman who collected 19th century hand made Amish
                            swimwear.

If I die before I wake

Mommy she loved Jesus, but not like others did
                            For she had a special bottle in which our savior lived
                            For she could unleash His vengeance by unfastening the lid

As the year went on, things went from bad to worse, and I realized that
                            if there wasn't a big change pretty soon, I'd never be able to get a
                            date for the prom. I couldn't go the year before because Mom belonged
                            to a church that considered dancing a one way ticket to Hell. But
                            that's a whole nother story. Anyway, by this point Mom had appeared on
                            the Richard Bey Show, A.M. Philadelphia and Geraldo, so there was
                            no use in me changing schools, since everybody knew who my Mom was.
                            Also we had to spend all the money from Mom's personal appearances to
                            hire a bodyguard, since by this point we were getting about 400 death
                            threats a day.

If I die before I wake

Then one night, I just couldn't stand it any more. While everyone else
                            was sleeping I crept downstairs. Slowly I went up to the bottle and
                            began to unfasten the lid. At first, nothing happened. But then the room
                            filled with a thick white smoke. I was glad my sister had taken the
                            batteries out of the smoke detector to put into her Walkman. When the
                            smoke cleared, I found myself face to face with the son of God, who was
                            much shorter than I had expected. He told me that since I'd freed Him,
                            He'd grant me one wish. And that's how I got to go to the prom with
                            Geena Davis. But you probably already read about that in People.

If I die before I wake

Comment

From the board on their website:

This morning Dave Blood is no longer with us.
                              David is my brother. Since the breakup of the band David has never really found his niche in life.
                              My brother was a smart clever and talented person. Inner peace has seemed to elude him for the last many years.
                              Sometime last night David chose to end his life.
                              He left a note that I don't know all of what it said,he was not elaborate-but he said he just could not stand to go on any longer.

Our mother passed away at the end of January and maybe David just had had enough.

There will be a memorial service in a few weeks. I will try to remember to come to this board and post it.It will be in the Delaware County area.

Please pray for the respose of my bother's soul; that he now has the peace that seemed to elude him most of his life.

I want to say that one of the shiniest parts of David's life was being a Dead Milkman and having that claim to fame.And the fans who appreciated the talent and time that went into making the band rise above the ordinary-thank you all for making my brother feel and know that he was indeed somebody.

Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X