Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons of Saddam had fled to Syria

Sons of Saddam had fled to Syria

The disclosure comes as the Bush administration is on the verge of imposing new sanctions against the government of Syrian President Bashar Assad, with which it has had difficult relations. Besides objecting to Syria's behavior during the war, the United States accuses Syria of supporting anti-Israeli militant groups and developing weapons of mass destruction. In January, President Bush signed the Syria Accountability Act, which authorizes diplomatic and trade penalties against Syria.
    Dear GOD here we go again.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

IMO, invading Syria could cause a Mid East disaster. Think about it!

Religions: Sunni Muslim 74%, Alawite, Druze, and other Muslim sects 16%, Christian (various sects) 10%, Jewish.

Norman Chad, syndicated columnist: “Sports radio, reflecting our sinking culture, spends entire days advising managers and coaches, berating managers and coaches, firing managers and coaches and searching the countryside for better middle relievers. If they just redirected their energy toward, say, crosswalk-signal maintenance, America would be 2 percent more livable.”

"The best argument against democracy," someone (Churchill?) said, "is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

Comment

SADDLE UP COWBOYS, AND RIDE 'EM HARD WITH GUNS BLAZING!
      “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I don't think there is anybody who would jump to Dubya's defense if we invade Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 11 2004, 10:41 AM
          SADDLE UP COWBOYS, AND RIDE 'EM HARD WITH GUNS BLAZING!
          Wrong thread.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 11 2004, 10:44 AM-->
            QUOTE (WinstonSmith @ Mar 11 2004, 10:44 AM)

We're not going to invade Syria. How can people even start to bash Bush for something he hasn't done?

Comment

In college, I had a Syrian roommate in the house that I lived in, along with two guys from Malawi, me, another white dude, and Wasim. An international Washington DC home.

But Wasim was evicted on the general purpose of being a prick.

Let me tell you why:

1) On the communal phone, he would run up hundreds of dollars in long distance calling Syria. Did he pay? Not a dollar. He was unemployed.

2) In a house full of guys, he would complain that we didn't leave the toilet seat DOWN. We almost came to blows about this, honestly. On his last night of living in our house, four guys were stuffed in this tiny bathroom with a bucket full of water, pouring it into the toilet, to see if it splashes more with seat up or down. THAT'S INSANE.

3) The worst..the food borrowing. One night, he's all, Ben, would you like a cup of my tea? I'm like, okay, sure, Wasim. Good tea! But I later found out this meant to him he could have some of my food WITHOUT ASKING. So I'd get home, and I'd be like, man, why are you eating my food, and he said, well, you had my tea. ARGG#$@$@#$#@

4) And the worst, I'd bring a woman over, and he'd knock and sometimes barge in the room at midnight..

We eventually dumped his stuff outside, he moved back to Damascus, but damn if he didn't ruin Syria for me....
              The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Mar 11 2004, 10:52 AM
                We're not going to invade Syria. How can people even start to bash Bush for something he hasn't done?
                Because he is George W.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

• Working...
                  X