The three front war - Afgan - Iraq - Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The three front war - Afgan - Iraq - Haiti

With the military engagement in Haiti that opens up America's third active military campaign. Korea could turn into the fourth at any time.

Not normally a political analyst but doesn't this seem a bit dicey. In all three we are either the major military presence or the only one from a "power". Iraq seems like a long term deal - as does the Afgan patrols - and Haiti - I assure you could be the worst of all. The elected leader says he was kidnapped and has urged peaceful resistance and the rebel leader can now safely say he won't disarm because of that resistance.

I don't see any plan that keeps our boys out of bullets way without totally leaving these places and creating a situation of chaos in three areas of the world. Not only chaos but hate at America for sticking their noses in chaos.

I don't know the answers - but I think we need a major public relations campaign to make sure that when we leave these countries - and we have to - we are not considered the fall guy. Having said that - I know it is hard to advertise as you are getting shot at.

These are major obstacles that will affect us for years to come - and don't seem to promote peace now or in the immediate future.
    Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
    God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

The next president is going to get railed, whoever that is.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwahalala@Mar 11 2004, 09:45 AM
      With the military engagement in Haiti that opens up America's third active military campaign. Korea could turn into the fourth at any time.

Not normally a political analyst but doesn't this seem a bit dicey. In all three we are either the major military presence or the only one from a "power". Iraq seems like a long term deal - as does the Afgan patrols - and Haiti - I assure you could be the worst of all. The elected leader says he was kidnapped and has urged peaceful resistance and the rebel leader can now safely say he won't disarm because of that resistance.

I don't see any plan that keeps our boys out of bullets way without totally leaving these places and creating a situation of chaos in three areas of the world. Not only chaos but hate at America for sticking their noses in chaos.

I don't know the answers - but I think we need a major public relations campaign to make sure that when we leave these countries - and we have to - we are not considered the fall guy. Having said that - I know it is hard to advertise as you are getting shot at.

These are major obstacles that will affect us for years to come - and don't seem to promote peace now or in the immediate future.
      but I think we need a major public relations campaign to make sure that when we leave these countries - and we have to - we are not considered the fall guy.
      Why shouldn't we be the fall guy? Or at least the people who got us into this should be.

We invade a nation, oust it's leaders, we should be responsible for what happens when we leave.

Thats the problem, we had no exit strategy when we did this.
      Taliban = Bad Guys, but the northern alliance guys we actually thought were worse.

Saddam = bad guy sure, but NO WMD, and what happens when these people vote in some radical cleric, which should be there right to do if they want to, is the situation only going to be worse?

Haiti? What now?
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

To be fair, the military commitment in both Afghanistan and Haiti is insignificant. In fact, I think the case can be made for a much stronger commitment in Afghanistan until Osama and Omar are caught.

Iraq is a different story, of course.

Haiti doesn't really enter the picture. The United States has no problem dominating any situation in the Carribean with a minimum of troops. And the amount deployed there is minimal.

North Korea also isn't going to happen. Kim Jong-Il isn't stupid. He knows his regime will be over the day he invades South Korea, so why do it?

Comment

Working...
        X