Bertuzzi suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 11 2004, 09:37 AM
    What is going to change between now and next season? I don't understand putting off the decision for next season until then. Better to suspend him now why the thought of Moore laying on the ice with a broken neck than next year when a lot of people will have forgotten how severe this attack was.

Garage league.
    They are waiting to see how bad he is hurt, how much time HE has to miss, stuff like that.
    If he goes to jail for a couple days that might get him less of a sentence.

"These comments are for Steve. I had no intention of hurting you," Bertuzzi said Wednesday night, reading a statement before the Canucks played the Wild.

"I feel awful for what transpired," he said.

"To the game of hockey and the fans of Vancouver, for the kids that watch this game, I am truly story," Bertuzzi said. "I don't play the game that way. I'm not a mean-spirited person and I'm sorry for what happened."

You punched a guy in the back/side of the head from behind! You didn't mean to hurt him? After you punched him, KNOCKING him out you drove him to the ice landing on top of him and still wanted to do more?

Yeah, OK you didn't mean to hurt him.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

There should be no need to review eligibility next season, he should already be sitting it out...

The NHL Wears Pink Panties as well.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      Brett Hull & St. Patricks Day

Comment

What did he get suspended for?
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

NHL took the coward's way out to satisfy the current public need...once it 'dies down' and given the labor situation, the NHL is counting on people to forget it happened and he'll be reinstated....

Classic NHL decision-making...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

The players union is on the hotspot. If they truly care about the welfare of their clients, they'd be pushing for harsh penalties.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I think the suspension should have been longer too. However, knowing the NHL and how inconsistent they are when it comes to handing out punishment, I'm was expecting something like a 12 gamer. I can live with the punishment but, like I said, it should have been more severe, IMHO.

Mr. G

Comment

Damn, are you guys this serious all the time? I miss mo_stlbirds already...

Comment

Originally posted by Sig Jakucki@Mar 11 2004, 10:07 AM
                  Damn, are you guys this serious all the time? I miss mo_stlbirds already...
                  asscake.
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

I am glad that we don't have any lunatics like this here, at least I hope:

Canucks Forum

Comment

This is crap that you all are spewing. Bert injured Jackman and beat the Blues last year and now you are pissed and being outrageous. This suspension is about right. Anyone who has played a physical sport, especially hockey, knows shit happens. A guy knocks out your best player, best friend and captain, so you as a bg strong guy go get him. But, like a coward, he walks a way so you hit him. Bad move, but it happens. If that was it, this would be two days and nothing more. Then he fell on him, that was worse, but probably not intended, and only was that bad because Bert is so damn big.

He should be punished, but his career shouldn't be over. The other guy's likely isn't either, but if it is, well I'm sorry, but Marian Hossa didn't sit it out until Bryan Berrard made a miraculous return. Hate me and call me names for this, but I call it like I see it.
                      Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 11 2004, 10:08 AM
                        I am glad that we don't have any lunatics like this here, at least I hope:

Canucks Forum
                        Not here, but their are some like that locally...

Comment

Originally posted by Cubs4ever@Mar 11 2004, 10:12 AM
                          This is crap that you all are spewing. Bert injured Jackman and beat the Blues last year and now you are pissed and being outrageous. This suspension is about right. Anyone who has played a physical sport, especially hockey, knows shit happens. A guy knocks out your best player, best friend and captain, so you as a bg strong guy go get him. But, like a coward, he walks a way so you hit him. Bad move, but it happens. If that was it, this would be two days and nothing more. Then he fell on him, that was worse, but probably not intended, and only was that bad because Bert is so damn big.

He should be punished, but his career shouldn't be over. The other guy's likely isn't either, but if it is, well I'm sorry, but Marian Hossa didn't sit it out until Bryan Berrard made a miraculous return. Hate me and call me names for this, but I call it like I see it.
                          Hossa didn't do anything illegal.
                          Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

If Jackman didn't have his head down, you wouldn't be spewing this....

Legal hit....

Comment

This is why I don't care for the NHL brand of hockey. What other sports leauge stocks their rosters with a man or two, who has no offensive, skating, or defensive talents, except that can goon it up.

I perfer the international style, where the guys with talent are allowed to showcase it.
                              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Cubs4Ever,
                                Your city's hockey team is a joke and this is no different. Shit does happen. Shit is when Jackman got hurt by Bertuzzi-- it was clearly a legal hit and I had no problem with it. Berard got hurt because of wanton stick use by Hossa- it wasn't intentional. The fact that 6 full periods had elapsed since Moore took out NAslund and Moore already wasin a fight that game makes it even more inexcusable.

Bertuzzi out weights Moore by 60 pounds, yet he still stalks him for 10 seconds, suckerpunches him in the temple, and drives his head into the ice. Clearly the worst thing I have ever seen in a hockey game. I think he should be suspended for this year and half of next or something. Anything else is too lenient.

Comment

Working...
                                X