Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billikens Move on in CUSA tourney

Beat S. Miss 52-46.

Billikens came back again after S. Miss went up by double figures in the first half. Phillip Hunt of all people led the comeback. Hunt led the Billikens with 14 points, easily the walk-ons career high. For the second straight game he is the star for the Billikens.

Tomorrow SLU plays Memphis, led by CUSA POY Antonio Burks and one of the top freshman in the country Sean Banks.

How many games SLU gotta win to get an invite to NCAA?
    Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

they need to win the tourney...

either way...no team from MO will be in the Dance

Comment

We probably have to win 3 more which would win the tourney. Maybe just 2 if things fall the right way.

SLU's RPI will be in the high 60s tomorrow. 2 more wins against good RPI teams would put us on the bubble. Not quite there yet. Realistically we have about a 10% to do that.

What seed are you looking for the Illini to get?

Comment

Mizzou wins two and they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by thetorch@Mar 10 2004, 10:51 PM
            What seed are you looking for the Illini to get?
            Ask me Saturday about Illinois.

How winnable are the next two games for SLU?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 10 2004, 10:52 PM
              I don't think its gonna take 'just two wins'...

They'll probably hafta win the Big 12 Tourney...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 10 2004, 10:52 PM
                If they lose in the conference Semifinals I don't think they get in.
                Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Joe Lunardi has Mizzou already in the dance. That guy sis usually spot on, missing one or two teams every year. If they beat Kansas, their RPI will be in the mid 30s and their is no way the tourney can turn them down.

Comment

Mizzou has to beat Kansas. If they don't they are out. I think they sneak in if they do.

Memphis is really really good and SLU does not match up well. They have a top PG in Antonio Burks and freshman phenom Sean Banks who no one on the the Bills can guard. Banks is a poor mans Lebron IMO. He can do everything very well. SLU has a slim chance to beat Memphis but if we did get past them we would play Cincy or Lousville who both killed us in recent weeks. The chances odds are not in SLUs favor but they never are.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 10 2004, 10:56 PM
                      Joe Lunardi has Mizzou already in the dance. That guy sis usually spot on, missing one or two teams every year. If they beat Kansas, their RPI will be in the mid 30s and their is no way the tourney can turn them down.
                      Belmont???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 10 2004, 10:56 PM
                        I hope you're right, but I'll believe it when I see it.
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi+Mar 10 2004, 10:58 PM-->
                          QUOTE (Indu WangZi @ Mar 10 2004, 10:58 PM)

FWIW, Digger and Dickie V just said the same thing. Beat Kansas, and they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone@Mar 10 2004, 11:12 PM
                            FWIW, Digger and Dickie V just said the same thing. Beat Kansas, and they are in.
                            They will.

Mizzou will be fired up.

KU wont be, they are locked in. and (overrated)

Comment

• Working...
                              X