Today's Redbird Toss-up Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Redbird Toss-up Question

Friends, I just don't have any faith that Kerry/Ray/Greg/Whomever is going to be a worthy left-fielder for this team. My question is, and I hate asking it: If you could land a decent first basemen, would you make a trade and put Albert back out in left?
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

Steve Cox is your decent first baseman, but you don't put Pujols in left....

Just go out and deal for a dependable left-fielder who doesn't cost much...instead, the Cards come up w/ some half-assed solution like Greg Vaughn...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

If you could land a decent first basemen, would you make a trade and put Albert back out in left?
      KBF,

I think it's easier to find a competent OF -- though not for Walt.
      His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
      Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Put me in coach
        Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

I'm not completely confident that Edmonds is going to be healthy all year, so I think it's more important to have some options in the outfield instead of First. Plus, Pujols is less likely to get injured at first. I'd leave him there.
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Part of Albert's value is in his versatility. If he needs to be in left -- and his arm is in no danger of detaching at the elbow -- then put him in left.

Comment

Working...
            X