Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain rips into MLB, demands policy

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1755319

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

he is just saying that to deflect from the missing POW's.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

I think it's ridiculous that they aren't testing these guys, but this is another case of the government overstepping their bounds.
      Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 10 2004, 04:36 PM
        he is just saying that to deflect from the missing POW's.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I wish he'd spend more time demanding a smaller government, less spending, and more of our tax money placed back on our checks.
          Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Kev and Burn KU, right on the money with your posts. What gets me about politicians is that they call for this, and other drug testing, but yet don't subject themselves to it. Now I am talking more of drug testing here than steroid testing, but you get the picture. Peace.
            Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU@Mar 10 2004, 04:38 PM
              I think it's ridiculous that they aren't testing these guys, but this is another case of the government overstepping their bounds.
              Not only is it ridiculous that they are testing these guys, it is completely assinine that the US Senate is holding hearings on this.

What a bunch of worthless poseurs.

When I heard this on the radio this morning, it was like walking through a time warp. I know a little bit about the thinking that goes on behind the scenes for a hearing like this, and it is all for show.

Mountebanks. And McCain is a worthy leader in this act.

Comment

Let's not forget they had the same thing for the BCS too. What a bunch of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Soocrates@Mar 10 2004, 06:52 PM
                  Kev and Burn KU, right on the money with your posts. What gets me about politicians is that they call for this, and other drug testing, but yet don't subject themselves to it. Now I am talking more of drug testing here than steroid testing, but you get the picture. Peace.
                  And like how they talk about social security yet don't pay into it.
                  Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

It's an assinine thing for a legislator to even bring up...........There are laws already on the books to take care of this issue..........

To be completely fair........It was an assinine subject for Bush to bring up in his SOTU speech as well.........
                    AKA reddevil
                    AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Mar 10 2004, 07:04 PM-->
                      QUOTE (BurnKU @ Mar 10 2004, 07:04 PM)

davel,

I guess the politicos are now targeting the "sports fan" voting group.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Soocrates+Mar 10 2004, 07:13 PM-->
                        QUOTE (Soocrates @ Mar 10 2004, 07:13 PM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by davel@Mar 10 2004, 07:12 PM
                        It's an assinine thing for a legislator to even bring up...........There are laws already on the books to take care of this issue..........

To be completely fair........It was an assinine subject for Bush to bring up in his SOTU speech as well.........
                        Davel,

I thought the same thing on GW. Let the league police itself.. I'm tired of politicians take a moral high ground when they could look in their own backyard.. Plus, there is more serious business to tend to here. As Kev and Burn KU have stated.. Worked on reducing the size of govt, lowering taxes, keeping govt out of private affairs and etc..
                        Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

Comment

Originally posted by Soocrates+Mar 10 2004, 07:19 PM-->
                          QUOTE (Soocrates @ Mar 10 2004, 07:19 PM)
                          Working...
                          X