Whoa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 10 2004, 04:31 PM-->
    QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 10 2004, 04:31 PM)

I don't know about anybody else, but I for one am REALLY glad you paid six months upfront, Steve.

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by lasvegasreb@Mar 10 2004, 04:56 PM
      I don't know about anybody else, but I for one am REALLY glad you paid six months upfront, Steve.

Ya just can't win...

The guys were really cool about crediting the account a bunch of extra bandwidth due to downtime, so the minor inconvenience of them having to physically reboot a server resulted in some extra warez for us.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I had no clue that was an album cover.
        I thought it was a Dali print.
        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 10 2004, 05:18 PM
          You can learn more about Neutral Milk Hotel here:
          http://neutralmilkhotel.net/

or hear song clips here:
          http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty cool...although too much of them can really make me want to pull my hair out. In that mini-genre, I'd rather listen to Built to Spill or Grandaddy. Or Modest Mouse.

Hey Trig -- we agree on something. Weird.

Comment

Thanks, trig. I'll check it out.

I'm always on the lookout for something fresh.
              His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
              Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Mar 10 2004, 05:48 PM
                Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty cool...although too much of them can really make me want to pull my hair out. In that mini-genre, I'd rather listen to Built to Spill or Grandaddy. Or Modest Mouse.

You know, it's funny... the past few days, I've had Keep It Like Secret in my car almost non-stop.... I love Built To Spill.

Don't even get my started on Modest Mouse... They'll definitely make the Avatar list of my favorite albums with Lonesome Crowded West and The Moon and Antarctica.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Mar 10 2004, 05:48 PM

Built to Spill - I'm a big fan. I got to see them do an in-store appearance once that was out of control. Steve - have you heard the rumor that Keep it Like a Secret is about the Nixon Watergate Scandal? The Plan keeps coming up again.

Granddaddy is OK, not my favorite.

Modest Mouse - I've never listened to them. I probably should. Which albums?

I really like the other Elephant 6 bands, especially Olivia Tremor Control.
                  2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 10 2004, 06:05 PM-->
                    QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 10 2004, 06:05 PM)

Steve - no the Dismemberment Plan is another band I've missed.

I've heard the name, and I remember it because it reminds me of Dillinger Escape Plan, which is way, way, way out there. But math-rock is over now, isn't it?

Comment

Wait until I find a Preston School of Industry avatar. I'll out-indie all you bastards.
                      I let my hair air dry thereby getting more hair pie
                      I want to fire blanks in Tyra Banks
                      I like shorn quim lasses in horn-rimmed glasses
                      but Cindy Crawford ...offered
                      I would keep a tidy room for Heidi Klum
                      I'm immersed in Kirstie Alley's thirsty valley

I want a smelly slice of Kelly Price
                      Plus get with the hairy scar of Teri Garr
                      I would jizz early inside Liz Hurley
                      Sigourney Weaver has a thrashing horny beaver
                      Winona Ryder? Going inside her!
                      I want to get on the whole width of Anna Nicole Smith

Comment

I had a similiar experience when I got laid last night. . .
                        Jimmy Buffett quote of the week:

"Open season on the open seas and Captain says no prisoners please. Skull and crossbones on a background of black. We ain't stealin' we're just takin' back ."

- Jimmy Buffett, Take it Back, Boats, Beaches, Bars and Ballads Box Set

"Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude."

-

Comment

Originally posted by temujin@Mar 10 2004, 06:22 PM
                          Wait until I find a Preston School of Industry avatar. I'll out-indie all you bastards.
                          I like Malkmus' band a lot more than the PSOI albums, and live too.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 10 2004, 05:18 PM
                            I still do. JJ.

Comment

• Working...
                              X