Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox 4, Cards 3

The early-spring surge is over.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

I know it's disappointing to lose so many games, but I really can't get bent out of shape over these games.

What seems to be developing is the pitching has been better than decent, and most of the position guys who are getting a long look aren't doing much.

Edmonds isn't playing yet. Maybe I'm the only one, but I think we can still count on Pujols and Rolen and Renteria to hit a little bit. Probably Sanders too. And I'm sure we can count on Matheny to do what he's done in the past.

So I would guess La Russa and Co. are probably disappointed by what they're seeing out of the candidates for 2B and LF, but otherwise feel that EVERYTHING ELSE IS MORE OR LESS FINE.

And, for me, it's way too early to disagree with them.
    I'm always right.

Comment

I'm not worried about the record at all. Sounds like so far, all of the candidates for 2b and LF are getting their swings in which is most iportant at this point.
      Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Everything is fine.

I can't wait to see Emil Brown hitting lead-off.

Comment

Originally posted by andyfin@Mar 10 2004, 02:50 PM
          Everything is fine.

I can't wait to see Emil Brown hitting lead-off.
          That would be E.Q. (The Human Highlight Film) Brown.

And Renteria will hit leadoff. I've gone over La Russa's head, direct to DeWitt. So that issue has been sorted out.
          I'm always right.

Comment

I truly don't care if we lose every game in spring training. They mean nothing. I'm just trying to get into mid-season doom and gloom mode.
            "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Mar 10 2004, 03:03 PM
              I truly don't care if we lose every game in spring training. They mean nothing. I'm just trying to get into mid-season doom and gloom mode.
              Kinda what I thought. Hey, KBF, it's spring training for everyone, and I must say, you are in midseason form. That offseason workout program really paid off.

Where's Reggie been lately? Probably repairing the blender for this season.
              I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser+Mar 10 2004, 03:06 PM-->
                QUOTE (kaiser @ Mar 10 2004, 03:06 PM)

Originally posted by kennyboyerfan@Mar 10 2004, 04:19 PM
                "Jeff Tabaka woke up that morning and felt his heart racing. Today, he thought, would be his day......"
                Weren't you and I just discussing Tabaka Road. I told you I was waiting to see who mentioned it first, and looky there, looky there, it turned out to be you.

Last year, someone (Damtoft) at least waited until the season started. I remember because I made a post announcing the first Tabaka reference of the year and I was universally praised for my vigilance.
                2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 10 2004, 04:23 PM-->
                  QUOTE (Trigfunctions @ Mar 10 2004, 04:23 PM)

Boxscore

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/scores/20040310/bosstl

Highlights

Marlon Anderson 2 hits
                  K Rob 1 hit 1 run 1 rbi
                  Ray Lankford 1 hit
                  Rolen 1 hit

Pitching
                  Morris 4 strickouts
                  Ray King 1 perfect inning

Lowlights
                  Morris gives up 2 run homer
                  3 errors - Lankford, K Rob, S. Cox
                  Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
                  God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

He saaaaaaaaaiiiiiidddd:

Ray King 1 perfect inning

Get used to reading the words 'perfect' and 'RayKing' in the same sentence.
                    Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Originally posted by cardinalgirl@Mar 10 2004, 08:16 PM
                      He saaaaaaaaaiiiiiidddd:

[color=]Ray King 1 perfect inning[/color]

Get used to reading the words 'perfect' and 'RayKing' in the same sentence.
                      I thougth you were gone?
                      When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I am. Just checking in.
                        Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Rest stops have Internet access now?

I guess I finally can go on vacation again.
                          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

• Working...
                            X