Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bertuzzi Results: 9am EST Thursday

Wow.. I just saw it on ESPNnews.

If the league gives him anything less than 10 games they should be ashamed.

Av's Moore taken off on stretcher

Canadian Press

3/9/2004

VANCOUVER (CP) - Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore was taken from the ice on a stretcher after being pummelled to the ice from behind by the Vancouver Canucks' Todd Bertuzzi during the third period of an NHL game Monday night.

Bertuzzi grabbed the back of Moore's sweater and delivered a round-house swing with his gloved right hand that struck Moore's head. Moore fell head first to the ice under the weight of Bertuzzi, who came down on top of him at the 8:41 mark. Colorado was leading 8-2 at the time.

A pool of blood formed around Moore's head as he lay motionless on the ice. A stretcher was wheeled out and after a delay of nearly 10 minutes the 25-year-old native of Windsor, Ont., was taken off for medical attention.

Related Info 
    Avs rout Canucks in ugly game

Colorado coach Tony Granato, screaming at Vancouver coach Marc Crawford, had to be restrained at his team's bench.  Bad blood between the two teams had been simmering since Moore's hit on Vancouver captain Markus Naslund during a game Feb. 16 in Denver. That resulted in Naslund suffering a concussion that cost him three games.

Moore wasn't penalized for the hit and the league took no action. That was of little solace at the time to Crawford, who called Moore's hit ``a cheap shot by a young kid on a captain, the leading scorer in the league.''

Vancouver entered the game Monday night one point behind Colorado atop the NHL's Northwest Division. There were several fights in the game before Bertuzzi attacked Moore. It was the last regular-season meeting between the teams.

"
    Why are the Russians suddenly a problem?" -Bgats

http://www.hockey-fights.com/videos/200403...SuckerPunch.wmv

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Dude..

Ditch the chart in your sig line...it takes forever to download it...and you cant even make out the fuckin graph..

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 9 2004, 01:00 AM
        Dude..

Ditch the chart in your sig line...it takes forever to download it...and you cant even make out the fuckin graph..
        Only if you admit Kirsten Dunst is hot! :P

"

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit+Mar 9 2004, 01:06 AM-->
          QUOTE(mellanby_equals_grit @ Mar 9 2004, 01:06 AM)

WHAT A MxxxxxxFUCKER.

Fxxx THAT PISSES ME OFF JUST WATCHING THAT CLIP.

HE SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THE SEASON, PERIOD. AT A MINIMUM.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by mellanby_equals_grit@Mar 9 2004, 12:56 AM
            Wow.. I just saw it on ESPNnews.

If the league gives him anything less than 10 games they should be ashamed.

Av's Moore taken off on stretcher

Canadian Press

3/9/2004

VANCOUVER (CP) - Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore was taken from the ice on a stretcher after being pummelled to the ice from behind by the Vancouver Canucks' Todd Bertuzzi during the third period of an NHL game Monday night.

Bertuzzi grabbed the back of Moore's sweater and delivered a round-house swing with his gloved right hand that struck Moore's head. Moore fell head first to the ice under the weight of Bertuzzi, who came down on top of him at the 8:41 mark. Colorado was leading 8-2 at the time.

A pool of blood formed around Moore's head as he lay motionless on the ice. A stretcher was wheeled out and after a delay of nearly 10 minutes the 25-year-old native of Windsor, Ont., was taken off for medical attention.

Related Info 
            Avs rout Canucks in ugly game

Colorado coach Tony Granato, screaming at Vancouver coach Marc Crawford, had to be restrained at his team's bench.  Bad blood between the two teams had been simmering since Moore's hit on Vancouver captain Markus Naslund during a game Feb. 16 in Denver. That resulted in Naslund suffering a concussion that cost him three games.

Moore wasn't penalized for the hit and the league took no action. That was of little solace at the time to Crawford, who called Moore's hit ``a cheap shot by a young kid on a captain, the leading scorer in the league.''

Vancouver entered the game Monday night one point behind Colorado atop the NHL's Northwest Division. There were several fights in the game before Bertuzzi attacked Moore. It was the last regular-season meeting between the teams.

10 games???!?!?! COME ON!

What a douche he is. And Crawford, that panty-waist, won't even look over at the COL bench.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

We discussed this as it was happening in the NHL GDT. I think Bertuzzi deserves 15-20 games.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 9 2004, 01:18 AM
                We discussed this as it was happening in the NHL GDT. I think Bertuzzi deserves 15-20 games.
                He should be arrested.
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

As the announcer said on 007's link, how is this any different than McSorley? Because he didn't use the stick? One could argue that he used the ice, and that's worse.
                  Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

i've always wondered, after a situation like this, how does your team look at you. i mean sure you were sticking up for your teammates for a past incident, but this seems to go way beyond that. and now bertuzzi has for sure got himself suspended which doesn't help your team and may cause an ever bigger risk to naslund come playoffs if they meet. do his teammates keep their mouths shut for awhile while it blows over or what?

Comment

Originally posted by MsFunkay@Mar 9 2004, 01:21 AM
                      i've always wondered, after a situation like this, how does your team look at you. i mean sure you were sticking up for your teammates for a past incident, but this seems to go way beyond that. and now bertuzzi has for sure got himself suspended which doesn't help your team and may cause an ever bigger risk to naslund come playoffs if they meet. do his teammates keep their mouths shut for awhile while it blows over or what?
                      But in the NHL, they almost NEVER go against the grain and give honest opinions on their teammates. Osgood could let 9 goals go in and they'd be like "We feel really good with Ozzie back there" ... ya know?

And btw, ESPN just showed the hit that led to this revenge ... and it wasn't all that bad. Bertuzzi of all people should not f-ing complain. God what a douche.

If you say you are going to do something and then you do it, that's pre-meditation. Seriously, he should get thrown in jail to think about what he did. The NHL season should be the least of his concerns.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

mellanby, what are your thoughts? I stopped following the Blues but god I got sick of watching Bertuzzi get away with murder. This is just so typical of what the NHL allows. Do you think this is worse than McSorley? dev? 007?
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I don't think it's quite as bad as McSorley because at least Bertuzzi didn't use a weapon (and he certainly could have). But it's not far off from that level.

I also believe that part of the problem is the whole instigator rule, although not tonight, because in the first period, Moore dropped the gloves like a man. He fought Matt Cooke--and, in fact, got the better of Cooke. I would have less sympathy for Moore if he had run away from the fight when challenged but he didn't. Either way, it doesn't excuse Bertuzzi.

Like I said, 15-20 games. I don't think it deserves the year that McSorley got.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy@Mar 9 2004, 01:25 AM
                            mellanby, what are your thoughts? I stopped following the Blues but god I got sick of watching Bertuzzi get away with murder. This is just so typical of what the NHL allows. Do you think this is worse than McSorley? dev? 007?
                            Worse than Mcsorley hit b/c Mcsorley's was a mistake where he let the moment get the better of him. He was pissed off about something that JUST happened and not something that happened a couple weeks ago.

I just feel disgusted watching him push Moore's head into the ice... I'm somewhat of a gory-movie fan, so I'm fairly desensitized to violence, but watching Moore's head twist around like that is just brutal...

Bertuzzi belongs in a jail. That was completely pre-meditated. I didn't save it, but he had some sort of quote after the last game where he said he'd be going directly after Moore and as the video shows he clearly followed him around waiting for the right opportunity.

This was all in retaliation to a hit that most deam as "legal but dirty".

I hope the league shows some sack on this.

"

Comment

Working...
                            X