Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney General Demands Patients' Private Abortio

Ashcroft Terrorizes New York Doctors

Attorney General John Ashcroft has entered into a bitter battle with doctors who perform abortions in New York. In an unprecedented foray into an area usually protected by medical privacy laws, the federal government's top lawyer—who also happens to be a fervent opponent of abortion—is demanding women's confidential medical records from doctors at two local hospital centers. So far, hospitals and doctors have not turned over the documents.

The Justice Department has subpoenaed voluminous material, including particularly sensitive patient information, according to documents obtained by the Voice. In one case, Ashcroft demanded that a doctor supply the records of patients who have had a certain abortion procedure-even when their fetuses suffered from chromosomal abnormalities and diseases that would have killed them. The attorney general also asked the doctor to provide the names of any companies that funded research related to the method, as well as the names of all colleagues who performed the abortion technique in the past five years.

GOD I HOPE HE GETS BETTER SOON :angry:
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

ahhh, the 'Village Voice'.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 10 2004, 12:36 PM
      ahhh, the 'Village Voice'.....
      who he is discrediting as we speak on another thread.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Again, forget the publication.

Is it true?
        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 10 2004, 12:52 PM
          Again, forget the publication.

Is it true?
          That wasn't the point, moe....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
          Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
          -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Yes, it's true. It was in my paper this morning too.

I wonder if there is any stopping place in the erosion of civil rights where even republicans would like it to end. Besides Bill Saphire, who decried this issue in today's column.
            Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law ~

A.C.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze+Mar 10 2004, 01:41 PM-->
              QUOTE(lazydaze @ Mar 10 2004, 01:41 PM)

When it's a conservative publication you shouldn't pay attention to those facts, because they are obviously biased, but in this case......
              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Mar 10 2004, 12:56 PM

I wonder if there is any stopping place in the erosion of civil rights where even republicans would like it to end.
                I can tell you it won't be with murder.
                Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Mar 10 2004, 12:56 PM

I wonder if there is any stopping place in the erosion of civil rights where even republicans would like it to end. Besides Bill Saphire, who decried this issue in today's column.
                  I haven't noticed any civil rights I've lost. I am getting a little nervous about liberals infringing on my right to bear arms.

Wait, does the government stealing from me count as losing civil rights?
                  Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Working...
                  X