Who Started for the Cards Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Started for the Cards Today?

They're down 2-1 in the bottom of the 1st to Boston.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Anyone? Buehler?

Comment

Matt Morris gets the start against Boston's Byung-Hyun Kim in a rare 12:05 p.m. ET start at Roger Dean on Wednesday. Also on the list to pitch in that game are Josh Pearce, Mike Lincoln, Tyler Johnson and Ray King. Adam Wainwright will start a "B" game against the Mets at 10 a.m. ET on one of the practice fields.
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Thanks Dav - Morris gave up 2 runs in the first. Cards are now down 4-2 in the 7th. Damn, I wish we could get updates.

I'm moving to FLA and starting a website devoted to updating ST games. I could take 6 weeks off, hire a few college age stringers and walla! I'm in business.

Wouldn't make any money, but it sure would be fun.

Comment

Bot 8th R
          Boston 4
          St. Louis 3
          Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Need some late inning heroics from E.Q. "Mudcat" Brown or M. Ordell Anderson.
            I'm always right.

Comment

Time for Mark Quinn to save the day again.

EDIT: 4-3 BoSox. Final.

Comment

GAME DAY RECAP Wednesday, March 10
                Boston 4, St. Louis 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) -- Matt Morris rebounded from a shaky start by working four innings Tuesday in the St. Louis Cardinals' 4-3 loss to the Boston Red Sox.

Morris, the Cardinal's probable opening-day starter, gave up a two-run homer in the first to David Ortiz, then allowed only two more runners during his last three innings. On Friday, he gave up nine runs and nine hits in 1 2-3 innings against the New York Mets.

"I don't feel any different, it's just that the results were better," Morris said. "But it is nice. I can take a deep breath and I don't have to worry so much. I can continue to build off that."

Morris, who had four strikeouts and one walk, was too pumped up for his spring debut.

"I understand there's concern ... `Oh no, what's going on?" Morris said. "I felt good the other day, I was just a little excited, and that's been my problem since I was 12."

Byung-Hyun Kim made his second start of the spring for the Red Sox and was pulled after 2 1-3 innings instead of three because of a high pitch count. He allowed two runs, three hits and two walks, striking out two.

Kim has had tightness in his back and had trouble getting loose in the first inning.

"But after that, it was no problem," he said through a translator.

Boston took a 4-3 lead in the seventh on left fielder Ray Lankford's error on a deep fly hit by Terry Shumpert off Josh Pearce. Brian Daubach added an RBI single in the fifth.

Albert Pujols had a sacrifice fly and Scott Rolen had an RBI single in the first for the Cardinals. Kerry Robinson added a run-scoring single in the seventh.
                Doesn't sound like Ray Ray is impressing anyone. Another E-7 today.

Comment

Boston took a 4-3 lead in the seventh on left fielder Ray Lankford's error on a deep fly hit by Terry Shumpert off Josh Pearce.
                  How long do we have to keep him on the team?
                  Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Elvis, thanks for the updates on the game.

I agree things aren't going great for Lankford, but I don't know that they will be able to resist what they think they can get out of his lefthanded bat, so I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if he makes the team.
                    I'm always right.

Comment

I'm still rooting for him to make the team. It doesn't sound like he's off to a great start though.

Comment

Even though it's a spring training game...

Does a staff ace immediately put your team down by 2 runs in the first inning?

I'm not really worried, just had to ask the question, but this could be a prelude to the regular season trend for Morris. He's not exactly known for striking out the side in order in the first inning.

Comment

Working...
                        X