who's going to opening day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's going to opening day?

i'm really looking forward to my first opening day....i think it will be fun...anyone else going?

if you are from the lounge, wear red, or a cardinals cap....if i see you i'll get you a beer
    Are you on the list?

I'm not going, but I'm taking a half day off work to watch baseball all day.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 10 2004, 10:17 AM
      i'm really looking forward to my first opening day....i think it will be fun...anyone else going?

if you are from the lounge, wear red, or a cardinals cap....if i see you i'll get you a beer
      so you are buying how many people beer? You have and extra $1,000,000 bill in your walet or something?

Official Sponsor of Marco Gonzales and the Productive Out!!!

Said the Quangle Wangle Quee

Comment

Originally posted by jhanke+Mar 10 2004, 10:19 AM-->
        QUOTE(jhanke @ Mar 10 2004, 10:19 AM)

I specialize in shotgunning warm cans of any domestic beer.

Comment

I got tickets right on the first base line... I'll be there come hell or high water.

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I'll be there - only 26 more days. Where should I go to get the free beer?

Comment

My 15th or so opening day in a row....hopefully, two years from now in the new park, my tradition will continue...

Can't hardly wait.....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Originally posted by 007@Mar 10 2004, 11:24 AM
                My 15th or so opening day in a row....hopefully, two years from now in the new park, my tradition will continue...

Can't hardly wait.....
                You may have to start arranging plans to sacrifice your first-born child, or invest in some aggressive growth funds...

Comment

The best part is that they are usually pretty memorable. I've missed the past few, but I remember: McGwire winning a game on a towering home run against the Dodgers, Scott Cooper driving Ozzie Smith home, Andres Galarraga getting hurt, various Ozzie flips.

It's the best day of the year to be in St. Louis, imo.
                  The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Mar 10 2004, 11:43 AM-->
                    QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Mar 10 2004, 11:43 AM)

I'll be there!

I've allowed (encouraged?) my sons to play hooky and attend with me for the past three years, and it's a great day. Opening day is the one day you can try to forget about how weak the starting rotation is, who is going to play LF and 2B, and whether or not our leadoff man will have an OPS over .350.

You can just be glad that baseball is back.

Comment

This will be the first opening day I've missed since 99. I hate it but I live in Arizona now and have to much with work going on, on top of the fact that some of my buddies are coming in April 6-16. Have fun though guys.
                      "They misunderestimated me."
                      Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                      -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Mar 10 2004, 12:04 PM
                        This will be the first opening day I've missed since 99. I hate it but I live in Arizona now and have to much with work going on, on top of the fact that some of my buddies are coming in April 6-16. Have fun though guys.
                        Put the house building on hold and surprise your wife with a trip to the 'loo for opening day instead!

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Mar 10 2004, 12:08 PM-->
                          QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Mar 10 2004, 12:08 PM)
                        Working...
                        X