Should Women Play on Men's Teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope
    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

It's an incident ready to occur.

P.S. I don't think women should serve in combat zones, either.
      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by bombay@Feb 20 2004, 05:50 PM
        I agree with both messages above.

There should also be a place in the world for private single gender schools and clubs.
        Tell that to Martha Birk so she will shut her fat ass up.

Comment

Women should be allowed to participate.

by participate, I mean fellatiate the hard working men.
          Official Lounge Sponsor of:
          MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
          The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Thats swell - guess men should be allowed to join The LPGA, right?

The young lady couldn't kick a damn football - she made a New Mexico squad and hit one? Hell, Reggie could do that....

Stryker

Comment

Well there are a couple of check list here.

Women in combat zones - No

Single sex schools and clubs - Yes

Women on men's teams - Depends upon whether she is good enough.

If a woman is not allowed to compete against men at the pro level and she is as good or better than most - then you are denying her of a right to earn a living. At the collegiate level if she has been given a scholarship to compete with the men and is doing all that is necessary to keep her scholarship then okay. If she is a walk on trying to earn a scholarship but is not good enough - cut here like you would do anyone else.

I see women in combat as a different issue altogether. You have to worriy about the woman being a distraction to the majority of men and that could get some one killed. If she gets captured then there are other worries.
              Turning the other cheek is better than burying the other body.

Official Sport Lounge Sponsor of Rhode Island - Quincy Jones - Yadier Molina who knows no fear.
              God is stronger and the problem knows it.

2017 BOTB bracket

Comment

If they are good enough sure.

Nothing gives those cretins the right to molest and rape her.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Feb 20 2004, 05:06 PM
                  If they are good enough sure.

Nothing gives those cretins the right to molest and rape her.
                  That pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.

Comment

Guys,

Please don't get me wrong. Even though I said that the mixing of the two sexes is an incident waiting to happen, it by no way means that I condone verbal harrassment, physical contact, or, unwelcomed sexual contact, as a way to convey a message of not being welcomed.

If those charges are indeed proven true, I'm on record for castration of the bastards.
                    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

If there is nothing equal for women to participate in, then I say they should be allowed on men's teams. For example, if there was a women's college football league, I'd say that women shouldn't be on the men's team.

The PGA/LPGA incident last year is a perfect example. Even if a woman thinks she deserves a spot in the PGA tour, she should still have to (at least) earn her way on there like all the male golfers attempting to earn their PGA Tour card. None of this "sponsor's exemption" stuff.

If she really wants to prove that she is the best golfer, period, then she should have to abide by the same rules as a male golfer does.

Comment

No one, and I mean *NOT A SINGLE (F-BOMB) HUMAN BEING* deserves to be treated that way. EVER. Male, female, black, red, white, child, adult...no one *puts* themselves in a situation to be sexually violated.

Let me paint some pictures for you:

I played on a boys team for soccer until I was 13 years old. The reason? I was told my abilities were "too aggressive" for girls play. It challenged me to be a better player, run harder, and prove that I was just as good as the other kids I was playing with. I don't believe I would be the caliber player I am/was had I played for girls teams all those years.

My junior & senior year of high school, I played on a boys hockey team with two other girls. There wasn't enough interest for a girls team, and so we tried out for the Varsity boys team. 3 of us made it, 2 others did not. We busted our *asses* to get those spots, and in the meantime gained respect from our teammates and did a damn good job.

My senior year of high school, we had two boys on our Varsity volleyball team. Same scenario, just a little reversed.

A team is a team. Period. Dicks...boobs...who the hell cares? If a person can play, why the hell not? Why deny a person a right to play something because they lack genitalia?

Single sex clubs? Yes, please. I enjoy going out without being hit on by drunk idiots asking for blow jobs or sexual favors.

Women on the front lines? I agree this is not the place for women.

Just two pennies from someone with boobs.
                        "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
                        -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous_Blue@Feb 20 2004, 08:41 PM
                          Can we see them?

Comment

Women should be able to play "sports", I don't see it as a mens team, just a team, if there is a spot on that team that would be better with a woman on it let her play.
                            If you can say with a straight face that women shouldn't be able to play just because "It's an incident ready to occur" then you could say with the same excuse women don't belong in a Factory, in an Office, many places dominated by men.
                            That excuse also somehow makes it seem like a woman should expect to be treated in that manner, and if that is NOT what's meant by a comment like that then why shouldn't a woman be there?
                            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebulous_Blue@Feb 20 2004, 08:41 PM
                              No one, and I mean *NOT A SINGLE (F-BOMB) HUMAN BEING* deserves to be treated that way. EVER. Male, female, black, red, white, child, adult...no one *puts* themselves in a situation to be sexually violated.

Let me paint some pictures for you:

I played on a boys team for soccer until I was 13 years old. The reason? I was told my abilities were "too aggressive" for girls play. It challenged me to be a better player, run harder, and prove that I was just as good as the other kids I was playing with. I don't believe I would be the caliber player I am/was had I played for girls teams all those years.

My junior & senior year of high school, I played on a boys hockey team with two other girls. There wasn't enough interest for a girls team, and so we tried out for the Varsity boys team. 3 of us made it, 2 others did not. We busted our *asses* to get those spots, and in the meantime gained respect from our teammates and did a damn good job.

My senior year of high school, we had two boys on our Varsity volleyball team. Same scenario, just a little reversed.

A team is a team. Period. Dicks...boobs...who the hell cares? If a person can play, why the hell not? Why deny a person a right to play something because they lack genitalia?

Single sex clubs? Yes, please. I enjoy going out without being hit on by drunk idiots asking for blow jobs or sexual favors.

Women on the front lines? I agree this is not the place for women.

I'm not sure if this reply was directed at me, but...

I'm in no way advocating the rape of a female teammate at any time.

My comments were to the question "Should Women Play on Men's Teams?".

My comments were my feelings on the question, not what happened at CO. I believe that, if given an equal forum in which to participate in, a woman (and a man) should have to earn their way on a team/league/tour the same as any othe rmember.

I personally believe the main reason for Title IX has eroded from society, especially with decreasing school budgets.

Comment

Working...
                              X