Bad news for democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for democrats

March 10 -- The dollar rose against the euro in New York on speculation the U.S. economy will grow faster than Europe, where Germany is struggling to emerge from recession.

The dollar climbed even after a government report showed the U.S. trade deficit unexpectedly widened in January to a record. Germany's DIW economic institute cut its first-quarter growth forecast, saying there are still no clear signs that a recovery is taking hold in Europe.

``The U.S. economy is clearly doing better than anybody else's,'' said Ram Bhagavatula, chief economist in New York at Royal Bank of Scotland Plc. ``The exchange market is saying U.S. growth is here to stay.''

Against the euro, the dollar was at $1.2262 at 9:08 a.m. in New York, according to EBS prices, from $1.2326 late yesterday. The U.S. currency is 2.7 percent higher versus the euro this year after shedding 17 percent in 2003.
    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

The US economy is doing better than Europe's, since they are in a recession. Gee, thanks. Who would've thought of that?

This isnt news.

The best that the economy has been in the last 20 years was when a Democrat was president.

But dont let that change your viewpoint, or anything. Mules are pretty stubborn animals also, so you have company.
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

When I first read the thread title, I thought you were going to reveal you had become a Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 10 2004, 08:41 AM
        When I first read the thread title, I thought you were going to reveal you had become a Democrat.
        “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

Comment

I thought the weak dollar was gonig to work against Bush. If it strengthens, by that same logic, wouldn't it be good for Bush? Either way, any positive news about the economy is bad for the Kerry campaign.
          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 10 2004, 09:41 AM
            That or Bush was only going say things that were written for him until after the election.
            Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 10 2004, 08:41 AM
              The best that the economy has been in the last 20 years was when a Democrat was president.
              How much do you think a current president has on the economy?
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Why is it bad news?

Where are those jobs that were promised?

The average Joe doesn't care about how the dollar compares to the Euro. They care about the job saturation rate and employment trend.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 10 2004, 08:44 AM-->
                  QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Mar 10 2004, 08:44 AM)

Originally posted by BurnKU@Mar 10 2004, 09:43 AM
                  I thought the weak dollar was gonig to work against Bush. If it strengthens, by that same logic, wouldn't it be good for Bush? Either way, any positive news about the economy is bad for the Kerry campaign.
                  I don't think the vast majority of voters care about the euro.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 10 2004, 08:45 AM
                    Why is it bad news?

Where are those jobs that were promised?

The average Joe doesn't care about how the dollar compares to the Euro. They care about the job saturation rate and employment trend.
                    They weren't promised, they were projected.

Apparently a lot of people here care about the dollar being weak.

The words "The exchange market is saying U.S. growth is here to stay" is pretty comforting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 10 2004, 08:45 AM

The average Joe doesn't care about how the dollar compares to the Euro.
                      No they care about the dollar compared to the pound, so I can go home and not get ripped on everything I buy.

Oh and Madyaks, I never noticed how good that picture looks in an avatar, seeing as when I had it I never read my posts. Which most of you would have noticed from my spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnKU+Mar 10 2004, 08:46 AM-->
                        QUOTE(BurnKU @ Mar 10 2004, 08:46 AM)

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 10 2004, 08:44 AM-->
                        QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Mar 10 2004, 08:44 AM)

Originally posted by Razzy+Mar 10 2004, 08:53 AM-->
                        QUOTE(Razzy @ Mar 10 2004, 08:53 AM)
                        Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 08:44 AM
                      Working...
                      X