XM Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Radio

At our X-Mas party our boss got crocked and said he would pay for everyone to recieve an XM radio. He also said he would pick up the monthly fee. I'm sure if it was just us guys there he would have recanted but the wives were there so he has to come through.

Only thing....we have to pony up for the install. We have been quoted a price of $70 for the labor.

What are your feelings toward the service? Favorite channels? Waste of time?

my guitar teacher has it. He says that it's an excellent service, even when he wasn't paying for the subscription, and therefore only getting something like 3 stations, he still loved it.

I guess it's worth it even if you're only getting a couple stations. I wanted to get it when it first came out, but I didn't feel like dropping the money when I usually listen to CD's in the car instead.
    First Fan of the Halifax IceBreakers!

Comment

i think it's great. I have the old sony, which requires the install...isn't the delphi Roady a plug and play?
      Are you on the list?

Comment

DO IT!

Great service, and it goes with you across the country.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

If I could get XM for a one-time fee of $70 then I think its a no brainer.

Get it.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I know nothing about it, but a couple of guys I talk to on another forum have had Sirius and XM and say Sirius is better, hands down. More selection they say.

Siriusly.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

I've used both, and XM has a serious advantage over Sirius: membership.....Sirius is desparately trying to change up their service to get some sort of advantage because they're swimming in red ink, but they can't make up any ground on XM.

Sirius will either fold or be bought out at some point in the near future.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

With the revalations today it seems that Stern is going to make the jump. So I went ahead and bought 50 shares each of XM and Sirius. Short term I know but if he does move to sattilite.....along w/ Rush or any other big name, watch 'em fly off the shelves.

Thanks for the info boys!!!

Comment

Working...
                X