X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAR52
    replied
    Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 10 2004, 09:21 AM
    TLR said in an interview on KMOX that Benes will not have to do as much as some others to make the team. He likes his makeup and attitude. Meaning, even if Josh Pearce or Jason Ryan perform better than Benes, Benes might make the team over the others.

Doesn't make any sense to me. If one guy pitches better, I don't know why he wouldn't be placed on the team, but this is TLR we're talking about.
    Elvis:

I think a lot of it depends on how a pitcher is throwing, as opposed to results -- at least in S.T. The Cards took a results based approach to the bullpen and look it where it got us.

To be honest, I'm really pulling for Benes. He has always been one of my favorite Cardinals. Now that TLR has stated that we will carry 12 pitchers at first, I think there is a decent shot for him to make the team.

I would really like to know how hard Benes is throwing the ball. Does anyone know?

Finally, I agree with Winston. I think Simo will go to AAA.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ElviswasaBluesFan
    replied
    TLR said in an interview on KMOX that Benes will not have to do as much as some others to make the team. He likes his makeup and attitude. Meaning, even if Josh Pearce or Jason Ryan perform better than Benes, Benes might make the team over the others.

Doesn't make any sense to me. If one guy pitches better, I don't know why he wouldn't be placed on the team, but this is TLR we're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• WinstonSmith
    replied
    Looks like Simo will be the odd man out.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Alan Benes making the team?

Alan Benes making the team?

Quote near the bottom of the writeup for today's exhibition win:

La Russa believes there is "better than a 50 percent chance" that Williams will be available to make his scheduled start April 7 against Milwaukee. If he can not, La Russa and Duncan appear to be leaning toward Alan Benes as a stopgap.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...irst+spring+win

Article on Benes that makes it sound like he's impressing people.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...rds'+dugout
Working...
X