Clear All

• Trogdor elected as dorm representative

Everybody! Everybody!

http://www.dailygamecock.com/main.cfm/incl...yid/611287.html
    Yes I stole this from Fark.
    Trogdor elected as hall representative
    By Tim McManus
    Published: Thursday, February 19, 2004

When the first floor east wing liaison for Preston's hall government stepped down, floor residents did their civic duty to elect a representative worthy of the office. Their selection? Trogdor.

William Mann, a second-year accounting student and Lauren Odom, a first-year biology student, appeared on the ballot next to a space for write-in candidates. Odom received four votes, Mann received eight and Trogdor received nine.

Trogdor is the invention of Matt and Mike Chapman, two brothers who animate an online cartoon at www.homestarrunner.com, which is popular among Preston residents.

After the election results were announced last week, some Preston residents were outraged. Preston Government Secretary Chris Coyle said he "found the display disturbing and a mock of democratic principle," and that he was "disappointed in the Preston east wing."

At the government meeting Tuesday, Trogdor, represenated by an anonymous first floor east wing resident who dressed in a dragon costume made of four green towels and cardboard wings, showed up at the meeting.

At the meeting, Trogdor named Mann as his successor, the second most popular candidate for the position, saying that since he was not an enrolled student, he did not think it would be appropriate for him to serve on the government.

Coyle was somewhat more positive at that meeting. He even posed for a picture shaking hands with the dragon.

"What's going to happen is going to happen, deal with it," Coyle said. He added that he saw it as a "political satire" that mocked the election.

The student dressed as Trogdor agreed, calling the election a "joke."

Former first floor east wing liaison Jeff Bullock said he stepped down because he thought certain people in the Preston Government "make more of government than it was meant to be," and that he thought nobody in government took his input seriously.

On this Web site, one character, Strong Bad, answers e-mails from fans by acting out a humorous cartoon.

The e-mail he answered which led to the invention of Trogdor read "Hey Strong Bad! Can you draw a dragon? I want to see your skills as an artist." He answered this e-mail in a cartoon by drawing a dragon and then singing a heavy metal-type song about Trogdor.

This episode is considered by many fans of Strong Bad to be one of his best e-mail replies.
    http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

What - no one here is into Trogdor?

Man, you guys are full of such crap.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 20 2004, 05:24 PM

Trogdor the burninator? He's awesome. Although, since we are the same person, it's no surprise that we both like trogdor.
      If you believe in something sacrifice a hobo to it or don't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 20 2004, 05:24 PM

Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Trogdor!!!!! You'll notice that the e-mail is from a "Kaizer"...

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson@Feb 20 2004, 05:58 PM
            You'll notice that the e-mail is from a "Kaizer"...
            Hilarious. The S is for Sucks.

You've played the Trogdor video game, right?

http://www.homestarrunner.com/arcadegame.html
            http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html

Comment

I've played it. I always get sworded.

Comment

Never heard of it.
                Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by TTB@Feb 20 2004, 07:47 PM
                  Never heard of it.
                  You haven't? Go here and watch StrongBad's e-mails.....They are hillarious.

Link

Comment

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                    Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                    -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

This is a pretty good intro to the Homestarrunner universe.

VEry, very addictive, though. You have been warned.

http://homestarrunner.com/whatsinthebag.html

Comment

Wow - a GIS gets a lot of pictures of Trogdor

Lego versions of characters:
                        http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/trogdor/

Comment

Working...
                        X