Owens Interview with Stephen A. Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owens Interview with Stephen A. Smith

bard posted this at Bernie's and thought you guys may want to tee-off on this one.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ers/8144253.htm

Smith: So you were overcompensating?

Owens: Exactly! Don't get me wrong, I definitely dropped some balls I probably should not have dropped. I know that. But that was a part of me trying to do too much, rushing my game, not knowing when I'd see the ball again or not.

Smith: Did you ever reach a point where you said, 'I'm not going to endanger myself. I've got a future to think about and this guy (Garcia) is not helping me?'

Owens: At one point I did. But I still ran my routes hard. I've never been afraid to go over the middle. In eight years in this league, this is the only year they've said I've short-armed some passes. I wonder why?
    If I may borrow a term in vogue here at the Lounge --

ASSCAKE!
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Stephen A. Smith is a lil bitch. He has a problem with anybody white and kisses every black player's ass. But isnt that America, Many african americans (I didnt say all Kev!) stick up for R. Kelly and MIchael Jackson solely because of the color, or former color, of their skin. The TO and Barry Bonds issues have nothing to do with race, Period. But because of the racial climate within America, many African Americans, especially someone like Smith, will find a way to make it a racial issue. I just dont get it. But what do I know, Im a middle class white guy.
    Official Sponsor of Steven Jackson
    ---------------------------
    North County born and raised.
    ----------------------------
    Go Navy!
    http://www.freewebs.com/big_dawg160/
    (Nude pics!) Actually my CD, DVD, Book collection.

Comment

Originally posted by big_dawg160@Mar 9 2004, 07:10 PM
      Stephen A. Smith is a lil bitch. He has a problem with anybody white and kisses every black player's ass. But isnt that America, Many african americans (I didnt say all Kev!) stick up for R. Kelly and MIchael Jackson solely because of the color, or former color, of their skin. The TO and Barry Bonds issues have nothing to do with race, Period. But because of the racial climate within America, many African Americans, especially someone like Smith, will find a way to make it a racial issue. I just dont get it. But what do I know, Im a middle class white guy.
      You couldn't be further from the truth on Stephen A.....

Great writer....

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
      Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
      -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

But...we can all agree that T.O. is an...ASSCAKE[COLOR=orange]...cant we??

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 9 2004, 07:12 PM
          But...we can all agree that T.O. is an...ASSCAKE[COLOR=orange]...cant we??
          Lemme put it this way, Wangster:

He's not coming across as an intelligent guy when he states things like 'why didn' the league fax me, too' aboot him having to file papers with the league earlier....

Comment

His demeanor bugs me.

He's always been angry and confrontational when I've seen him on TV.

And I think he's a jock-rider.

As far as Owens' cranial functions, Mooch put it best when asked about TO's claim that Mooch took it easy on his coaching buddies:

"That statement is devoid of any thought."

Indu,

I think we can. He has cross-over appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 9 2004, 07:14 PM

His demeanor bugs me.

He's always been angry and confrontational when I've seen him on TV.

And I think he's a jock-rider.

As far as Owens' cranial functions, Mooch put it best when asked about TO's claim that Mooch took it easy on his coaching buddies:

"That statement is devoid of any thought."

Indu,

I think we can. He has cross-over appeal.
              moe,

I'm not going to disagree with you on his demeanor -- he does come across pretty cocky, but so does Jay Mariotti, Skip Bayless and a few others.....I think Stephen A. can write well....

Mooch did hit the nail on the head....

Comment

I think Stephen A. can write well....
                I do, too.

But his slavish defense of Iverson through the years -- especially concerning AI's allergy to practice -- gets him a check mark next to his name.

And they are all cocky -- Stephen just seems more pissed than the others.

Comment

I must admit I have never read his writing, but only seen him on ESPN and Best Damn Sports Show. Everytime he is on, he is commenting on race. One African American writer I do like is Jason McClintock in Kansas City. He does a great job without kissing ass.
                  I actually posted my original message over at the Pressbox. But it said that Smith was a (bleep) kisser!
                  Go Navy!

Comment

You mean Whitlock?

The next time he's right will be the first time.

Sorry, dawg, I think he's a terrible writer, but St. Louis could use some of that venom on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by moedrabowsky@Mar 9 2004, 07:29 PM
                      You mean Whitlock?

The next time he's right will be the first time.

Sorry, dawg, I think he's a terrible writer, but St. Louis could use some of that venom on occasion.
                      uh, yeah.
                      Hey Im from St. Louis!
                      Go Navy!

Comment

Stephen A. Smith is one of the best columnists in this country. His column about how black players in the NBA don't play as hard for black coaches was one of the best I've ever read.

Terrell Owens has been dropping balls his whole career. To blame it on trying too hard last season is preposterous.

Comment

TO is making himself look like a bigger ass with each passing day concerning this trade thing.

he fucked up, that's his fault. when he fucked up, he became the property of the 49ers again, meaning they can trade his ass to Arizona if they want to. they can do whatever they want. they didn't need any TO stamp of approval. it's the nature of the business; you can get traded. he knew that when he came into the league.

this grievance doesn't hold any water. no way he'll get his way (and be declared a FA). it's impossible. the league would have to totally not just bend the rules, but completely break them for that to happen.

quit bitching TO. if you were so anxious to be a FA, why the hell did you wait two months to void your contract anyway? 'cause you were too busy yapping about how you were going to do it.
                          Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

If Terrell Owens is declared a free agent, every player in the NFL should call their agents and file some sort of grievance in order to gain free agency. If Owens can be declared a free agent while under contract, why can't Michael Vick, Ty Law, and Randy Moss be declared free agents too?

Comment

Working...
                            X