Man United ... 1-1 Tie and they don't advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man United ... 1-1 Tie and they don't advance

Good game. Looks like it'll be decided in the 89th minute.

MAN! They had a couple of chances in injury time.

Woohoo this has made my day. Nothing like seeing Man Utd losing to cheer me up.

Comment

It looked like Man was playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Awful defense off the free kick.

Comment

You are absolutely right, in the 2nd half they played not to lose.

I spoke to my Dad after the game and we both agreed if this had been the Man Utd of 3 or 4 years ago, Porto would have lost by a few goals.

Comment

Rooting against Man U is kind of like rooting against the Yankees right WEG?
          Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 9 2004, 04:09 PM
            Rooting against Man U is kind of like rooting against the Yankees right WEG?
            Absolutely.

It is quite fitting considering the Yankees have ties with Man Utd.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 9 2004, 04:12 PM
              It is quite fitting considering the Yankees have ties with Man Utd.
              I still like them.

Comment

No one's perfect.

Comment

WEG, grote:

Did you see the Gunners just dismantle Pompey the other day? Wow.

Comment

Yep and I support Portsmouth, seeing as I was born there. :(

Oh well it is OK, I used to know a load of Arsenal players so I can stand them.

Comment

Think they can pull off the double?

Or, dare I say, the double plus Champions League?

Comment

Originally posted by backstop@Mar 9 2004, 04:47 PM
                        Think they can pull off the double?

Or, dare I say, the double plus Champions League?
                        The way they are playing at the moment, you can never say never. However it would be extremely difficult. If I was a betting man I'd say they'd win 2 of the 3, the league and another.

Comment

Man U is really, IMO, missing Beckham...and the defence is not laying to their usual standards..

The 2 Premiership teams I support are the Gunners (Arsenal) and Chelsea..Arsenal looks to win it this year...and they should have won it last year, too...but a miserable last 5 games killed them...Bergkamp and Thierry Henry are excellent...

However..the team with will win the Champions League is Real Madrid...I think it will be the Gunners and Real (maybe Juventus)..Real is just too strong...Ronaldo, Raul Gonzales, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo..and Beckham..

That is basically the all-stars of the Football world on one team..

A more interesting question is...who is the better forwards..Ronaldo or Raul...and who is the best player on that team...I think it is either Roberto Carlos or Zidane..

I love watching Real play..and if they are at the Bernabeau..no way any team will win..

Man U SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 9 2004, 07:51 PM
                            Man U is really, IMO, missing Beckham...and the defence is not laying to their usual standards..

The 2 Premiership teams I support are the Gunners (Arsenal) and Chelsea..Arsenal looks to win it this year...and they should have won it last year, too...but a miserable last 5 games killed them...Bergkamp and Thierry Henry are excellent...

However..the team with will win the Champions League is Real Madrid...I think it will be the Gunners and Real (maybe Juventus)..Real is just too strong...Ronaldo, Raul Gonzales, Roberto Carlos, Zidane, Figo..and Beckham..

That is basically the all-stars of the Football world on one team..

A more interesting question is...who is the better forwards..Ronaldo or Raul...and who is the best player on that team...I think it is either Roberto Carlos or Zidane..

I love watching Real play..and if they are at the Bernabeau..no way any team will win..

Man U SUCKS!!!
                            How can you support Arsenal and Chelsea? That would be akin to supporting the Cubs and Cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy+Mar 9 2004, 08:35 PM-->
                              QUOTE(Weird_English_Guy @ Mar 9 2004, 08:35 PM)
                            Working...
                            X