Ann Coulter explains Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Coulter explains Christianity

The "conservatives" are on a roll today.

So, according to Ann, "being nice to people" is merely an "incidental" (i.e., minor, or subordinate) teaching of Christ. Nothing to take too seriously.

http://www.anncoulter.org/

But the loony-left is testy with Gibson for spending so much time on Jesus' suffering and death while giving "short shrift to Jesus' ministry and ideas" – as another Times reviewer put it. According to liberals, the message of Jesus, which somehow Gibson missed, is something along the lines of "be nice to people" (which to them means "raise taxes on the productive").

You don't need a religion like Christianity, which is a rather large and complex endeavor, in order to flag that message. All you need is a moron driving around in a Volvo with a bumper sticker that says "be nice to people." Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity (as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of "kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed"). But to call it the "message" of Jesus requires ... well, the brain of Maureen Dowd.

In fact, Jesus' distinctive message was: People are sinful and need to be redeemed, and this is your lucky day because I'm here to redeem you even though you don't deserve it, and I have to get the crap kicked out of me to do it. That is the reason He is called "Christ the Redeemer" rather than "Christ the Moron Driving Around in a Volvo With a 'Be Nice to People' Bumper Sticker on It."
    Then, she uses this Bible quote to prove that Christianity is peaceful, while she endorses the belligerence of the Bush administration and ignores the war rhetoric in the Bible:

As I understand it, the dangerous religion is the one whose messiah instructs: "[I]f one strikes thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also" and "Love your enemies ... do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you." The peaceful religion instructs: "Slay the enemy where you find him." (Surah 9:92).
    Then, she throws in this bizarre dig at German Jews:
    Imitating the ostrich-like posture of certain German Jews who ignored the growing danger during Hitler's rise to power, today's liberals are deliberately blind to the real threats of violence that surround us. Their narcissistic self-image requires absolute solicitude toward angry savages plotting acts of terrorism. The only people who scare them are the ones who worship a Jew.
    Great work, Ann.
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

First Tucker Carlson doing a fine job of making his party look foolish, now she decides she must help him.

Now maybe someone can yell that Kerry was only shot "A little bit" when he was fighting for his country.

Boys I think we really have a chance.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Thanks for posting that Trig.

I'm sure Anne enjoys the free publicity.
      And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Ann Coulter clearly needs psychiatric help.

As long as she continues to spew her venom, we all know where she is.
        His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
        Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 9 2004, 01:05 PM
          Thanks for posting that Trig.

I'm sure Anne enjoys the free publicity.
          And I'm sure she'd appreciate it if you spelled her name correctly.
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Yawn
            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

I agree with John. Ann's a bore.
              Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 9 2004, 01:14 PM
                I agree with John. Ann's a bore.
                I disagree. She's a dangerous lunatic who makes Christianity sound moronic.

Being a Christian, I know that all Christians aren't as hate-filled and ignorant as she is. That's why I will speak out against her - and others like her.

Comment

Trig,

I'm a Christian, as well.

What are your thoughts on the fundamentailsts continued assertions that we are "persecuted"?

To me it denigrates the horrific and very real persecution of certain religions taking place in Africa and parts of Indo-China.

It's the dominant religion -- by a humungous margin -- in htis country.
                  His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
                  Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Trig,

Within all groups, there are those on the fringe. Ann does nOT represent true Christian values. She represents her own views. Anyone comfortable in their beliefs, would not let Ann break their stride.
                    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

she represents the worst of capitalism
                      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 9 2004, 01:17 PM-->
                        QUOTE(Trigfunctions @ Mar 9 2004, 01:17 PM)

She's hilarious and it's just priceless the way she winds the liberals up.

What a babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions+Mar 9 2004, 01:17 PM-->
                          QUOTE(Trigfunctions @ Mar 9 2004, 01:17 PM)

I am much happier when politicians and political writers stay out of the topic of religion.

they should concern themselves with government policies and programs, defense, foreign affairs, etc.

How about more focus on energy policy et al and leave Mel Gibson to the entertainment writers? :angry:
                          Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Working...
                          X