Rolen on Tino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolen on Tino

There are a lot of Cardinals players who still resent the way Tino Martinez was run out of St. Louis. "The best teammate I ever played with," says Scott Rolen. "Anyone who says he was our problem doesn't know a thing." Coming from someone of Rolen's character means a lot.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 9 2004, 11:40 AM
    There are a lot of Cardinals players who still resent the way Tino Martinez was run out of St. Louis. "The best teammate I ever played with," says Scott Rolen. "Anyone who says he was our problem doesn't know a thing." Coming from someone of Rolen's character means a lot.
    I could care less about his charachter. He wasn't worth $2 million a year, let alone $7.
    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

I wish everyone would just get over Tino. Whether he was a clubhouse cancer or a good teammate, the bottom line is that he's gone. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 9 2004, 11:41 AM
        I wish everyone would just get over Tino. Whether he was a clubhouse cancer or a good teammate, the bottom line is that he's gone. Get over it.
        No shit...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
        Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
        -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Why does anyone even care anymore?
          "They misunderestimated me."
          Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
          -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

I would not like to see Rolen on Tino.

Had to be said.
            Official sponsor of the baseball gods and other missalaneous stuff.

Comment

Tino SUCKS!
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

JD,

Just out of pure curiousity, would you rather have 8 years of:

A) Kerry

or

B) LaDunketty/Tino, Martz/Warner, Pleau

Comment

I'd rather have Kerry

I really can't take anymore of the St. Louis powderpuff sports scene.
                  And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by 007+Mar 9 2004, 11:43 AM-->
                    QUOTE(007 @ Mar 9 2004, 11:43 AM)

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 9 2004, 01:23 PM
                    I'd rather have Kerry

You do understand---when he says Kerry, he means the democrat who is running for president, not the guy who pitches for the Cubs.
                    v

Comment

I miss Tino already.
                      Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

You could always move to Tampa and cut his grass.
                        Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 9 2004, 04:22 PM
                          You could always move to Tampa and cut his grass.
                          I might, but then I would miss this year of Stl sports, one that promises to be entertaining.
                          Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 9 2004, 01:23 PM
                            I'd rather have Kerry

Damtoft that is hard to believe, but you just earned a BUNCH of cool points in my book. Given politics or Saint Louis sports, you made the right choice. Fuck Kerry and Bush, Im voting for Damtoft in 04!
                            Official Sponsor of Steven Jackson
                            ---------------------------
                            North County born and raised.
                            ----------------------------
                            Go Navy!
                            ----------------------------
                            http://www.freewebs.com/big_dawg160/
                            (Nude pics!) Actually my CD, DVD, Book collection.

Comment

Working...
                            X