Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Lang out for three weeks

Lang lost for three weeks

The Detroit Red Wings injury woes continue to grow. Newly acquired forward Robert Lang will miss the next three weeks after suffering a rib injury in Monday's game against Tampa Bay.

Lang, acquired from Washington on February 27, was injured in the first period of last night's 1-1 tie and left the game with 2:20 left in the second. He did not return for the third after undergoing x-rays.

Lang is two points behind Martin St. Louis for the NHL scoring lead.

Detroit recently lost centre Kris Draper with a shoulder injury and Pavel Datsyuk with an ankle injury. At one point in November, as many as 10 regulars were out with injuries.

Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Pretty soon, Detroit is going to be out of centers.

Comment

*sniffle*

Sad turn of events for Lang. I hope he doesn't try to rush it and come back too soon.
      "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. "
      -- Dennis, Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 9 2004, 11:18 AM
        Pretty soon, Detroit is going to be out of centers.
        Paging Mr. Weight, Mr. Weight.....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Mar 9 2004, 09:43 AM-->
          QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Mar 9 2004, 09:43 AM)

I'd love to get Weight, but I don't see the Red Wings parting with any more good prospects especially since all our centers are suppose to be back before the playoffs.
          \"IPB

WINGEDWHEEL

Comment

Originally posted by Hullie@Mar 9 2004, 01:37 PM
            I'd love to get Weight, but I don't see the Red Wings parting with any more good prospects especially since all our centers are suppose to be back before the playoffs.
            How bad do you want the #1 seed, though? Home ice advantage throughout?

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated+Mar 9 2004, 01:38 PM-->
              QUOTE(steveInebriated @ Mar 9 2004, 01:38 PM)

Injuries keep piling up, but the boys continue to win, so far, if they get healthy in time, 16-0 in the playoffs wouldn't be that far out.
              Lounge sponsor of Gary Brackett, Reggie Wayne, Henrik Zetterberg (not lounge approved) and all country music.

Comment

Working...
              X