politics from the pulpit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• politics from the pulpit

Why is it ok and acceptable for John Kerry, Bill Clinton, etc. to talk about politics from the pulpit for political gain? Don't you guys view this as a violation of the "separation of church and state"?? Seems like a double standard.

Shhhhh, don't confuse the sheep...

the Dog

Dat's right!

Official Lounge Dog
    Official Lounge sponsor of Bryce Salvador
    Official Lounge sponsor of Cardinalgirl

Comment

So is it OK for Bush do do it also?

It seems to me that by bringing this up you're being just as hypocritical as what you're trying to call out.
      Official Lounge Sponsor of:
      MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
      The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by dooz@Mar 9 2004, 11:06 AM
        Why is it ok and acceptable for John Kerry, Bill Clinton, etc. to talk about politics from the pulpit for political gain? Don't you guys view this as a violation of the "separation of church and state"?? Seems like a double standard.
        You're kidding me right? Bush talks about God more than any President I can remember. Plus he made that nut job Ashcroft AG. You should let this one go, you're wrong. All Presidents pander to the masses on religion to some extent. But GWB has reached new heights in doing this.
        "They misunderestimated me."
        Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
        -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 9 2004, 11:14 AM
          So is it OK for Bush do do it also?

It seems to me that by bringing this up you're being just as hypocritical as what you're trying to call out.
          That's the question I want answered. Is it OK for Bush to do it? If he got up in front of a church in the pulpit.. would that be ok with you?

Is this a violation of the "separation of church and state" that you guys claim?? Why or why not...

Comment

I see no problem if a congregation invites these individuals to speak to them.
            Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by dooz+Mar 9 2004, 11:17 AM-->
              QUOTE(dooz @ Mar 9 2004, 11:17 AM)

The networks would go nuts if Bush did it.

Just more evidence of the double standard.
              And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Bush has spoken to a church gathering. No big deal was made of it, nor should it be.
                Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 9 2004, 11:24 AM
                  The networks would go nuts if Bush did it.

Just more evidence of the double standard.
                  Actually, that's not evidence....but rather your opinion.
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Did he address them from the pulpit, like Jester Jackson and Slick Willie did?
                    And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 9 2004, 11:28 AM
                      Who and what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Mar 9 2004, 11:31 AM-->
                        QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Mar 9 2004, 11:31 AM)

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 9 2004, 11:28 AM

Damtoft, why don't you google before looking like a complete moron?

Bush on the pulpit cause he just LOVES MLK

Thanks for the laugh, I am freakin rolling.
                        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Mar 9 2004, 12:44 PM-->
                          QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Mar 9 2004, 12:44 PM)
                        Working...
                        X