Read NYT Web articles without registering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read NYT Web articles without registering

KBF just posted a NYT web article. Here's how you can read them without registering.

Go here
    http://nytimes.blogspace.com/genlink

and cut and paste the link (for example, http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/20/business/20jobs.html)
    into the website and it will give you a new link to the article without registration.

Pretty cool.

Or, you could just log in with kennyboyerfan's username - password: "BLENDER".
    2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

That's great trig. Thanks!

Comment

Kick as, trig
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Thanks for the tip... I've always just blown off the NYT because of the whole registration thing....

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

Originally posted by steveInebriated@Feb 20 2004, 02:51 PM
          Thanks for the tip... I've always just blown off the NYT because of the whole registration thing....
          Me too. I just saw that NYT Link Generator on Metafilter the other day.

Uh, not that I look at any other web forums or anything. I was just experimenting.
          2005 Mandatory Loyalty Oath: I love America, our troops, baseball, Moms, and certain pies. I want no harm to come to any of those institutions, nor do I take any glee in their demise.

Comment

Why would anyone in their right mind want to read the NYT? They're biased.
            *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Very cool.

All The News Thats fit to Print.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

All the news we say is news.

Free is about what its worth. The market speaketh.

Comment

Why would you do this?

You register once and you're done. You give the NY Times the value of your info for access to their papers online.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 20 2004, 05:03 PM
                    Why would you do this? You register once and you're done. You give the NY Times the value of your info for access to their papers online.
                    Mainly because I've registerd about three times in the lat few years and always forget my password or username or whatever.

Comment

NY "waste of my" TIMES..........

No thanks........
                      AKA reddevil
                      AKA davel a devil

[COLOR=red'][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Trigfunctions@Feb 20 2004, 05:28 PM
                        Mainly because I've registerd about three times in the lat few years and always forget my password or username or whatever.
                        I see.

Comment

i registered once and have it delivered daily to my email. i scan through to see if there is anything i want to read and if there is, i don't need my password, just click the link.

Comment

Originally posted by pgrote@Feb 20 2004, 05:03 PM
                            Why would you do this?

You register once and you're done. You give the NY Times the value of your info for access to their papers online.
                            And what do they do with your info? Why is it so special to them?

Comment

Just use a fake e-mail, or an e-mail with fake info. I've said I was born on January 1, 1900 many times.

Comment

Working...
                              X