Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'The Middle Class' gets squat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'The Middle Class' gets squat

    I mentioned this tax equation in an earilier thread

    Dems did not respond.

    $80,000.00 dollars gross - $16,000.00 net . And you all want to increase my taxes?

    Go get some work or better yet , create some of your own.

    Stryker

  • #2
    Yes, Ted, we want to jack you. We have poor people to feed and house and to buy toothpaste and deodorant for :P
    “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

    Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ted Stryker@Mar 8 2004, 07:25 PM
      I mentioned this tax equation in an earilier thread

      Dems did not respond.

      $80,000.00 dollars gross - $16,000.00 net . And you all want to increase my taxes?

      Go get some work or better yet , create some of your own.

      Stryker
      I like the idea of getting a mailbox in the Caymans. If they are going to bite the hand that feeds them, fuck them.

      BTW, do you employ anyone other than yourself?
      Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ted Stryker@Mar 8 2004, 07:25 PM
        I mentioned this tax equation in an earilier thread

        Dems did not respond.

        $80,000.00 dollars gross - $16,000.00 net . And you all want to increase my taxes?

        Go get some work or better yet , create some of your own.

        Stryker
        Ted-

        There is no reason to be paying that much in tax...

        You need to create better tax shelters and incorporate your company in Delaware..or even better in the Grand Caymans.

        Seriously...I have been down that road.

        PM me...I certainly know a guy (he's in STL to boot) that could help you better structure your company and create very sound tax shelters...PM me.

        Cheers.
        S

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ted Stryker@Mar 8 2004, 07:25 PM
          I mentioned this tax equation in an earilier thread

          Dems did not respond.

          $80,000.00 dollars gross - $16,000.00 net . And you all want to increase my taxes?

          Go get some work or better yet , create some of your own.

          Stryker
          Ted,

          Seriously, I dont think you would have saved much money out of that 80 grand no matter who was in the White House.

          The only reason most Dems push the restoration of the tax cuts that Bush doled out is to keep pace with his out-of control spending. Because in the long run we will end up paying more in interest if the governments income doesnt keep up with spending.

          So I think your frustrations are being directed at the wrong people. Take a look at how much the deficit has gone up since Dubs stole the election.

          If you Republicans can get your presidents to quit spending like a doctor's gold-digging wife, us Democrats will shutup about restoring the tax cuts that Bush enacted.
          “I’ve always stated, ‘I’m a Missouri Tiger,’” Anderson said March 13 after Arkansas fired John Pelphrey, adding, “I’m excited about what’s taking place here.”

          Asked then if he would talk to his players about the situation, he said, “They know me, and that’s where the trust comes in.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Razzy@Mar 8 2004, 07:38 PM
            Ted,

            Seriously, I dont think you would have saved much money out of that 80 grand no matter who was in the White House.

            The only reason most Dems push the restoration of the tax cuts that Bush doled out is to keep pace with his out-of control spending. Because in the long run we will end up paying more in interest if the governments income doesnt keep up with spending.

            So I think your frustrations are being directed at the wrong people. Take a look at how much the deficit has gone up since Dubs stole the election.

            If you Republicans can get your presidents to quit spending like a doctor's gold-digging wife, us Democrats will shutup about restoring the tax cuts that Bush enacted.
            I think they'd quit spending if the Dems would quit with the class/race/gender/etc. warfare when something needs to be cut. You know how a republican would be labeled if they proposed a cut.
            Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

            Comment


            • #7
              Ted,

              What year are you talking about?

              Remember, the GOP has had a stranglehold on the top three branches for the least few years.
              Make America Great For Once.

              Comment


              • #8
                Raz - and folks.

                I've 7 employees working for me. I fully realize that that's squat however, it's 7 jobs that those folks didn't have.

                I've set -up matching 401K's (.50-1.00) for them all and healthcare benenfits as well.

                So, guess that makes me a small business owner, that pays a ridiculous amount of taxes, while trying to provide a job or three.........

                Stryker

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ted Stryker@Mar 8 2004, 08:08 PM
                  Raz - and folks.

                  I've 7 employees working for me. I fully realize that that's squat however, it's 7 jobs that those folks didn't have.

                  I've set -up matching 401K's (.50-1.00) for them all and healthcare benenfits as well.

                  So, guess that makes me a small business owner, that pays a ridiculous amount of taxes, while trying to provide a job or three.........

                  Stryker
                  I asked in the previous thread and I'll ask again. You phrased this before as a year end bonus. Were you drawing a salary for the year or was this year end thing your only source of income. If you were drawing a weekly or monthly salary how much was it? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this, help me understand.
                  "They misunderestimated me."
                  Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


                  "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


                  "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                  -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

                  Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ted Stryker@Mar 8 2004, 08:08 PM
                    Raz - and folks.

                    I've 7 employees working for me. I fully realize that that's squat however, it's 7 jobs that those folks didn't have.

                    I've set -up matching 401K's (.50-1.00) for them all and healthcare benenfits as well.

                    So, guess that makes me a small business owner, that pays a ridiculous amount of taxes, while trying to provide a job or three.........

                    Stryker
                    If your taxes get increased, would you be more or less likely to hire new workers or give your existing workers significant raises?
                    Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't even know how to respond to posts like this. Yeah, Democrats are evil bastards looking to drive small businessmen into the ground. That's us. And somehow Democrats take the blame for a small businessman's high taxes when Republicans have total control of the government.

                      Honestly.

                      I wonder how much a small businessman's burden might go down if the government provided universal health care, thus relieving him of any responsibility for funding his employees' health care plans. But that's crazy socialism talk.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How much of that $80K could you have kept if it went to company expenses....such as a "company car"
                        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

                        Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kah2523@Mar 8 2004, 08:20 PM
                          I don't even know how to respond to posts like this. Yeah, Democrats are evil bastards looking to drive small businessmen into the ground. That's us. And somehow Democrats take the blame for a small businessman's high taxes when Republicans have total control of the government.

                          Honestly.

                          I wonder how much a small businessman's burden might go down if the government provided universal health care, thus relieving him of any responsibility for funding his employees' health care plans. But that's crazy socialism talk.
                          I want you to know the prescription drug companies just took a contract out on your life.
                          "They misunderestimated me."
                          Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


                          "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


                          "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                          -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

                          Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 8 2004, 08:21 PM
                            How much of that $80K could you have kept if it went to company expenses....such as a "company car"
                            He described it as a year end bonus in the previous thread. I've asked if he drew a salary throughout the year but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
                            "They misunderestimated me."
                            Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


                            "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


                            "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                            -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

                            Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by matt75+Mar 8 2004, 08:23 PM-->
                              QUOTE(matt75 @ Mar 8 2004, 08:23 PM)
                            Working...
                            X