X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garcia Looking to Sign With Bucs

Says he wants to play for Gruden
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

If SF plans to have Rattay as their starting QB...they screwed the pooch for the next season...As a 49ers fan..I am about to spit the dummy I am so pissed...

So, basically we ran Mooch out of town...to make TO happy...now, we realise he is an Class A azzhole..and we trade him to the Ravens...and now Garcia wants to leave..he sux anyway...but they need a legit QB...

Oh..and Ericson is the second worst NFL coach...behind Martz that is...

Comment

I actually like the direction the Niners are taking. Donahue hasn't proven capable of identifying talent but he does seem to have realized that the key to winning in this league is defense.

By franchising Peterson and re-signing Plummer, the Niners probably have the best defense in the division. I'm hoping they use their first-round pick and one of their two second-rounders on defensive players (I REALLY hope Wilfork falls to their pick at 16). And they have a pretty solid running back in Kevan Barlow. As long as Rattay or Dorsey doesn't make mistakes, they could be pretty good in a Carolina Panthers sort of way.

Sadly, all of this optimism is undermined by Dennis Erickson being the head coach.

Comment

Is Garcia really better than Johnson? He may put up more td's, but isnt Johnson more efficient?
        Official Sponsor of Steven Jackson
        ---------------------------
        North County born and raised.
        ----------------------------
        Go Navy!
        ----------------------------
        http://www.freewebs.com/big_dawg160/
        (Nude pics!) Actually my CD, DVD, Book collection.

Comment

My sources are telling me he will end up with the Browns.
          \"IPB

WINGEDWHEEL

Comment

Originally posted by Hullie@Mar 8 2004, 11:32 PM
            My sources are telling me he will end up with the Browns.
            What will they do with Eric Crouch??

I have been a proponent of getting him in a Rams uni.

Comment

Garcia's dad doesn't know shit...CLE bound

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1753940

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

indu.......firing Mooch was the stupidest move. i take that back, it was the second stupidest move. the stupidest was replacing him with f'ing erickson.

i don't mind the release of garcia, although i really liked him during his time w/ the 49ers.

i'm with dev......i like the direction of the team. i'm pretty stupid optimistic. i think they can finish 7-9. i like rattay, but it wasn't the relief appearance for Garcia that did it for me. i've just always liked what i saw from him when he came in. i think he'll do a good job. i also think we'll be okay at RB, with barlow and jamal robertson backing him up. WR is thin. defense will be solid.
                Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

I still cant understand what they (owners/managers) were thinking when the fired Mariucci...

Terrell was a cancer...and no look at how it turned out...you know they must be kicking themselves for axing Mooch

Comment

Firing Mooch was just a bulllshit move to appease a star and now they are paying for it w/ Erickson...

Comment

i have no idea, indu. he was a terrific coach who totally got those 49er teams to overachieve.

the lions are lucky to have him. bet they go at least 8-8 this year.
                      Official 2009 Sponsor of nobody

Comment

They fired Mariucci because York didn't like him. Mooch wasn't a "yes" man.

It had nothing to do with the Owens situation.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 9 2004, 12:34 AM
                          They fired Mariucci because York didn't like him. Mooch wasn't a "yes" man.

It had nothing to do with the Owens situation.
                          Right...

But Owens publically ridiculed Mooch, repeatedly stating he wanted a coach who could get him the ball more....

I don't think it was just a coincidence that Erickson, a guy who likes to air things out a bit, was hired....

Comment

The reason they hired Erickson is because he's Donahue's buddy and he worked cheap. It had nothing to do with Owens. They were planning on dumping Owens after this year all along--there's a reason why they never even approached him about an extension last offseason.

Comment

Working...
                            X