who said this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who said this?

September 2001: Said Should Not Raise Taxes In Economic Downturn. “The first priority is the economy of our nation. And when you have a downturn in the economy, the last thing you do is raise taxes or cut spending. We shouldn’t do either. We need to maintain a course that hopefully will stimulate the economy. . . . No, we should not raise taxes, but we have to put everything on the table to take a look at why we have this structural problem today. . . .[Y]ou don’t want to raise taxes.” (NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 9/2/01)

ü We Should “Absolutely Not Raise Taxes.” “Well, I think it’s very clear what I favor because we voted for it early in the spring, which was the Democratic budget alternative that had triggers in it where you didn’t wind up spending money you don’t have. It had a smaller tax cut but more tax cut for a stimulus, which is what we need. So you ask me, what do we need now? Yes, we need additional stimulus. We should absolutely not raise taxes. We should not cut spending. What we need to do is drive the economy of this country. The economy is the number one issue. It is the most important thing we should focus on.” (CNN’s “Evans, Novak, Hunt & Shields,” 9/8/01)

Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Tim Robbins.
    His mind is not for rent, to any god or government.
    Pointless debate is what we do here -- lvr

Comment

Howard Stern?
      I agree with Davhaf.....Kaiser March 9,2004

Official Lounge co-sponsor of Jason Motte.

Mick Jagger is in better shape than far too many NBA players. It's up in the air whether the same can be said of Keith Richards.

Bill Walton

Comment

Tim McCarver.
        Make America Great For Once.

Comment

Me?
          I'm always right.

Comment

Rush Limbaugh

Comment

Larry Bowa
              Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Sponge Bob?
                "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Dick Cheney....

Next...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
                  Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
                  -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

Kerry Robinson

Comment

Curly Howard.
                      Make America Great For Once.

Comment

I don't know, but I have a sneaky feeling all of this will make Kerry look bad and/or Bush look good. Anyone want a side bet? B)
                        "They misunderestimated me."
                        Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
                        -Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

Gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

Comment

Saddam?
                          Sponsor of:
                          Brian Elliott
                          Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                          5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I'll lay 5-1 odds on the Ketchup Kid

Soon it will be clear what you boys have gotten yourselves into.
                            And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by matt75@Mar 8 2004, 01:12 PM
                              I don't know, but I have a sneaky feeling all of this will make Kerry look bad and/or Bush look good. Anyone want a side bet? B)
                              Why do you think he's avoiding laying out his plans for the future?
                              Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Working...
                              X