Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about selling your home in St. Louis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by bombay@Mar 8 2004, 06:04 PM
    If I or any of my loan officers did what this lender is doing, the listing agent would be on my ass 24/7.
    This jackass pawned us off on his assistant and went out of state somewhere of 3 weeks. I talked to the lender and he just told me he got his last bit of stuff done this week and we should be closed no later than Friday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Leave a comment:

• bombay
    replied
    If I or any of my loan officers did what this lender is doing, the listing agent would be on my ass 24/7.

Leave a comment:

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by DC Santana@Mar 8 2004, 05:07 PM
    Hope it works out for you Matt.

As I said, people back out of deals all the time. I know my wife has had cases that sure sounded like a lawsuit would be warranted. But in this area (Chicago suburbs) she has found that she is better serving the seller by getting back to work and finding another buyer.
    We shall see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• DC Santana
    replied
    Hope it works out for you Matt.

As I said, people back out of deals all the time. I know my wife has had cases that sure sounded like a lawsuit would be warranted. But in this area (Chicago suburbs) she has found that she is better serving the seller by getting back to work and finding another buyer.

Leave a comment:

• matt75
    replied
    Just found out the buyer isn't a citizen so I'm sure this isn't helping matters.

Leave a comment:

• DC Santana
    replied
    Originally posted by matt75+Mar 8 2004, 04:53 PM-->
    QUOTE(matt75 @ Mar 8 2004, 04:53 PM)

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by DC Santana@Mar 8 2004, 04:48 PM
    My wife is a REMAX agent. Not that I am in expert on this topic, but here is what I have picked up.

Loan closings are not usually scheduled before lender approval is obtained. Usually there is a "final" walk through of the property a few days before the scheduled closing. If there are some issues identified here with the condition of the house, depending on the severity, closing can be delayed. I am not referring to the formal inspection which should have already taken place, but the buyer's last check review.
    We've already had a final walk through. I don't think it's the agent as much as the lender this agent uses. He is giving us the runaround and I'm starting to get sick of it.

Leave a comment:

• DC Santana
    replied
    My wife is a REMAX agent. Not that I am in expert on this topic, but here is what I have picked up.

Loan closings are not usually scheduled before lender approval is obtained. Usually there is a "final" walk through of the property a few days before the scheduled closing. If there are some issues identified here with the condition of the house, depending on the severity, closing can be delayed. I am not referring to the formal inspection which should have already taken place, but the buyer's last check review.

Leave a comment:

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 8 2004, 03:43 PM
    Never had one close in any less than 8 weeks.
    It's been 3 months since this process started, not 19 days. That's just the closing date I was given. This is on top of a deal that fell through with a different buyer in the beginning of December. This has been an annoying experiance.

Leave a comment:

• Damtoft
    replied
    Never had one close in any less than 8 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by bombay@Mar 8 2004, 01:29 PM
    I don't know, Matt. That sounds shaky. Faxes, Fed Ex, all kinds of ways to expedite documentation. I think I'd try to pin down the lender.
    I'd love to if I could get him to return my calls. I'm in Phoenix and he's in St. Louis so there's only so much I can do. That's the shitty part of this whole situation. My options are really limited due to my distance.

Leave a comment:

• bombay
    replied
    I don't know, Matt. That sounds shaky. Faxes, Fed Ex, all kinds of ways to expedite documentation. I think I'd try to pin down the lender.

Leave a comment:

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by bombay@Mar 8 2004, 01:15 PM
    Why is closing being delayed?

Let me guess; the underwriters haven't signed off on the loan?
    I'm being told it's a new kind of loan and some of the stuff they used to be able verify over the phone now they need in writing. So this has taken an extra 19 days? Whatever.

Leave a comment:

• bombay
    replied
    Why is closing being delayed?

Let me guess; the underwriters haven't signed off on the loan?

Leave a comment:

• matt75
    replied
    Originally posted by lasvegasreb+Mar 8 2004, 11:12 AM-->
    QUOTE(lasvegasreb @ Mar 8 2004, 11:12 AM)
Working...
X