Will Mizzou Get to Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mizzou Get to Dance?

I say no, unless they win the Big XII Tournament.

You figure they will beat A&M, but then they would probably play KU again and they will be going for the trifecta this year. I know it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, so the experts say, but if Mizzou can't beat KU on Senior Day in the last game at Hearnes, what makes anyone think they will suddnely put it all together and go on a run at this point?

This quote from Bernie's column pretty much sums up the Tigers this year:

I will apologize in advance for the cheap shot I am about to take at Snyder, but here goes: If Quin couldn't get his team fired up for an event of this magnitude, then maybe he should have asked Norm Stewart to coach the final game at Hearnes
    Paulding didn't show up again. I bet he's wishing he would have went to the NBA last year. He certainly didn't do himself any favors this season. He played like he was afraid to get hurt.

And, for the first time that I remember, someone (Kroenke) has used the excuse of all of the turmoil outside of the program as an excuse for their poor play this year.

"There were so many outside things going on," Kroenke said. "We might have let it get the best of us. Maybe our minds wandered a little bit."
    I was wondering how long it would take before we heard that line.
    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

I think if they make the championship game of the Big 12 the are in.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

How were they not fired up? If anything, the clanging free throws tells me they choked under the weight of such a game. I don't get that conclusion.

There are many things you can nail QS on but I don't think that's one of them.
      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 8 2004, 10:04 AM
        I think if they make the championship game of the Big 12 the are in.
        I agree. I argued differently yesterday, saying if they beat KU in round 2, they are in, but I think with some of these bubble teams winning in their tournament, they need to make the finals.

That implies they will beat Texas in Texas.
        Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 8 2004, 10:03 AM

"There were so many outside things going on," Kroenke said. "We might have let it get the best of us. Maybe our minds wandered a little bit."
          I was wondering how long it would take before we heard that line.
          How would Kroenke know, though, Elvis? He played 8 minutes.
          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

My guess is if we win 2, we have a 50/50 shot, nobody knows what will happen in the other tournaments. Getting to the championship game should get us in.
            Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

They will beat A&M but the train will stop there.

Hello NIT.
              Go Cards ...12 in 13.

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 8 2004, 10:03 AM
                I bet he's wishing he would have went to the NBA last year.
                He was wishing that before the season ever began.

Mizzou doesn't deserve to dance. I think they're done.

They might win one in the tournament, but not two. It wouldn't surprise me if they lost their first one.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Mar 8 2004, 10:08 AM-->
                  QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Mar 8 2004, 10:08 AM)

I agree they probably now need to get to the championship game, and play well in that game. I thought they would beat either Texas Tech or KU. Didn't happen.

They've played a tough schedule, but they certainly didn't beat too many tough teams.

Maybe one more game at Hearnes (versus SLU in the NIT)?
                  I'm always right.

Comment

This implies they will possibly lose to KU 3 times this year. Cripes.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

I'd like to see them get in. BUT if you don't want Quin Snyder anymore, not getting into the tournament would expediate that change.

2 wins might get them in. 3 wins definitely.

If we lose to KU twice, I will puke.
                      "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

phantom,

How do you see them beating Kansas?
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 8 2004, 10:30 AM
                          phantom,

How do you see them beating Kansas?
                          We are a better team.
                          Asked what he would do differently in Iraq, Kerry said, "Right now, what I would do differently is, I mean, look, I'm not the president, and I didn't create this mess so I don't want to acknowledge a mistake that I haven't made."

Comment

Championship game or bust.

They have a chance to make the tourney with less than that....but only if all conferences are won by NCAA bound teams anyway.
                            Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                            The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Working...
                            X