Cardinals Pitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinals Pitching

I'm starting to think that we are going to be a-ok in the pitching department. I know we need a little luck, but I'm encouraged by what i've seen in Marquis, Wainwright, Benes, Calero, Ryan and Simontacchi.
    Are you on the list?

To the tune of 31 runs in 5 games and an 0-5 record.

This is going to be a great season!
    Official Lounge Sponsor of:
    MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
    The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Simo is still giving up those long fly balls, but that's always been the case, I think.

I hope Journell improves.

I was happy with Ryan and Marquis especially and will be interested to see what happens with Carpenter tomorrow.
      Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

Kiko Calero is going to be a fantastic reliever.
        RIP Stan the Man
        The StL Blues will NEVER win the Stanley Cup. I repeat, NEVER!
        I miss TLR!

Comment

It's not looking good for our bench so far this year.

Guys better start hitting more...

Brown is doing well though.
          Sometimes elections have positive consequences!

Comment

My man Mark Quinn went yard in a 7-2 loss. Don't blame him. Maybe if he would have played the entire game, the outcome would have been different.
            Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

Originally posted by ElviswasaBluesFan@Mar 8 2004, 10:06 AM
              My man Mark Quinn went yard in a 7-2 loss. Don't blame him. Maybe if he would have played the entire game, the outcome would have been different.
              Now that is sponsorship.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 8 2004, 10:09 AM-->
                QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Mar 8 2004, 10:09 AM)

I do not understand why Jason Ryan seems to be on the outside looking in, with regard to making the team as a starter or reliever.

The guy had a 2.70 ERA in 190 innings at AAA last year. What more is expected of the guy?
                I'm always right.

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 8 2004, 10:09 AM-->
                  QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Mar 8 2004, 10:09 AM)

Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 8 2004, 10:15 AM
                  I do not understand why Jason Ryan seems to be on the outside looking in, with regard to making the team as a starter or reliever.

The guy had a 2.70 ERA in 190 innings at AAA last year. What more is expected of the guy?
                  You'd play him?

Then I'd love to manage against you every day!

-TLR
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser@Mar 8 2004, 10:15 AM

If he wasn't given a chance last year when the Cardinals were desperate for starting pitching, I don't see him getting a legitimate shot this year. I don't get it either.
                    Official sponsor of Mike Shannon's Retirement Party

Comment

The starters have looked pretty good so far, except for Morris. And we know what Matt Morris brings to the table. Remember that Woody got shelled in the spring last year.

Has Carpenter thrown in a spring game yet?

I doubt Simo is making the team. At least, I wouldn't bring him north, not with Calero, Ryan, and (possibly) Alan Benes as better alternatives.

Comment

I recall the La Russa comment. Can't recall who it was about though (Pearce?).

I'd rather give Ryan a shot than Simontacchi. He's done some good things, but some pretty awful things too (lots of HRs). And I would think Ryan could fill pretty much the same role as the Simo-Man.

Speaking of which, heard some of the Saturday game, and Shannon is already in mid-season form.

Kah, I don't think Carpenter has thrown yet.
                        I'm always right.

Comment

Simontacchi will make the team. He's just saving his best stuff for the World Series.

Comment

Working...
                          X