Blix: Yep, Bush and Blair hyped WMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blix: Yep, Bush and Blair hyped WMD

LONDON (Reuters) - George W. Bush and Tony Blair (news - web sites) probably knew they were exaggerating the threat from Iraq (news - web sites) when they were making the case for war, according to former chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix.

The U.S. president and the British prime minister ignored the few caveats in reports from intelligence services on Iraq's nuclear, chemical or biological weapons programs, he writes in his account of the months leading up to the U.S.-led invasion.

Blix says it was "probable that the governments were conscious that they were exaggerating the risks they saw in order to get the political support they would not otherwise have had."
    Link
    Dude. Can. Fly.

probable - quite an indictment.
    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Yeah "probably" isn't enough to be mad at Bush over, you should always need proof, probably doesn't cut it, well unless your going to go to war over it, then "probably" having WMD is just fine.
      Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 8 2004, 10:02 AM
        Yeah "probably" isn't enough to be mad at Bush over, you should always need proof, probably doesn't cut it, well unless your going to go to war over it, then "probably" having WMD is just fine.

You're probably right.
        Official Lounge Sponsor of:
        MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
        The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

LONDON, England -- Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix says he would not be surprised if coalition forces found chemical or biological weapons in Iraq.

June 6, 2003

Ole Blix sure is confident in his assesments.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 8 2004, 10:02 AM
            Cuh-lassic.

Though lazy makes it way too easy.
            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Its like shooting fish in a barrell

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 8 2004, 10:04 AM
                LONDON, England -- Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix says he would not be surprised if coalition forces found chemical or biological weapons in Iraq.

June 6, 2003

Ole Blix sure is confident in his assesments.
                "We went to a great many sites that were given to us by intelligence, and only in three cases did we find anything -- and they did not relate to weapons of mass destruction.

"That shook me a bit, I must say ... We had been told that they would give the best intelligence they had, so I thought: 'My God, if this is the best intelligence they had and we find nothing, what about the rest?"'

Classic. Thanks for the ammo.
                Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Not sure what that explalins in regards to Blix new found confidence.

But as you can plainly see by this quote;
                  Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix says he would not be surprised if coalition forces found chemical or biological weapons in Iraq.
                  and his quotes on Iraq not fully cooperateting, even Mr Blix wasn't so sure before the war.

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 8 2004, 10:38 AM
                    Not sure what that explalins in regards to Blix new found confidence.

But as you can plainly see by this quote;
                    Chief U.N. weapons inspector Hans Blix says he would not be surprised if coalition forces found chemical or biological weapons in Iraq.
                    and his quotes on Iraq not fully cooperateting, even Mr Blix wasn't so sure before the war.
                    Of course he wasn't because Bush made him leave in the middle of the job.
                    Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

To reiterate, the guy in charge of the inspections before the war wasn't sure and Bush all along was sure. When Bush with his "sure" information sent Blix to check it out, they found dick. We went to war nonetheless.

And you don't have a problem with that?
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by dvyyyyyy+Mar 8 2004, 10:43 AM-->
                        QUOTE(dvyyyyyy @ Mar 8 2004, 10:43 AM)

I wonder will dvyyyyyy post more of this bullshit tomorrow?
                        And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

Shoot first, ask question later.

Good policy. :rolleyes:

Especially given that we have hindsight to show how idiotic it was and is.
                          Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 8 2004, 10:47 AM
                            I wonder will dvyyyyyy post more of this bullshit tomorrow?
                            I know, the pesky facts are getting too tough to take.
                            Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Working...
                            X