No announcement yet.

New constitution for Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smell another Shah of Iran type situation.
    Make America Great For Once.

Comment

It's your upper lip.
      Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

We've been down this road before.

Screwing around in Arab countries always comes back to bite us on the rear end.

Comment

Kev,

Please elaborate.

I'm getting that same old feeling that you're using your ass to speak - again.
          And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

-The Artist formerly known as King in KC

Comment

When I get home this evening, I'll have more time to give a detailed explanation of my concern.

Comment

well, it's just idiotic to think that the kurds, sunni and shia are going to play nice.
              Are you on the list?

Comment

And, your rationale for that expert opinion is what exactly?
                And, frankly, it has never occured to me that "winning" a debate is important, or that I should be hurt when someone like Airshark or kah, among others (for whom winning a pseudo debate or declaring intellectual superiority over invisible others is obviously very important) ridicule me.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 8 2004, 11:02 AM
                  And, your rationale for that expert opinion is what exactly?
                  about a thousand years of enmity?

the right to hold on to private militias?

worked great in the Balkans, huh?
                  Are you on the list?

Comment

They seem to be trying. They may find it easier to get along when the wealth of the nation is fairly controlled.
                    Un-Official Sponsor of Randy Choate and Kevin Siegrist

Comment

Originally posted by lazydaze@Mar 8 2004, 11:09 AM
                      They seem to be trying. They may find it easier to get along when the wealth of the nation is fairly controlled.
                      I hope things work out, I'd love for this to be the exception to the rule.

once the honeymoon is over, and the shiites step too far.....welcome to kurdistan
                      Are you on the list?

Comment

I think it may work for awhile.

Comment

Some of the stuff written here amazes me.

Because I'm a nice guy, I'll chalk it up to ignorance.

Was this war "radical" as Moe likes to say? Sure it was.

But, this war was truly a "liberal" venture in the strictest sense. Bush made the calculation that he had more credibility with ordinary Iraqis than Hussein.

So far, he appears to be right.

Of course there are tribal hatreds. However, the folks that were most oppressed have now had Hussein's jackboot lifted from their faces.

They're going to give Bush his turn at bat.

Could it all blow up? Of course it might.

Are they better off with Bush than Hussein? They seem to think so.

Do you know better than them?

I know you don't.

Comment

John,

No one is saying that the world is not better off with Hussein.

I'm just wary of our history of replacing one despot, with something that proves to be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Damtoft@Mar 8 2004, 11:22 AM
                              Some of the stuff written here amazes me.

Because I'm a nice guy, I'll chalk it up to ignorance.

Was this war "radical" as Moe likes to say? Sure it was.

But, this war was truly a "liberal" venture in the strictest sense. Bush made the calculation that he had more credibility with ordinary Iraqis than Hussein.

So far, he appears to be right.

Of course there are tribal hatreds. However, the folks that were most oppressed have now had Hussein's jackboot lifted from their faces.

They're going to give Bush his turn at bat.

Could it all blow up? Of course it might.

Are they better off with Bush than Hussein? They seem to think so.

Do you know better than them?

I know you don't.
                              yeah, we've tried this before....was milosevic better than Tito?
                              Are you on the list?

Comment

Working...
                              X