Ever Ordered From Newegg.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Ordered From Newegg.com?

Has anyone ever ordered from newegg.com?

The bastards also ship via FedEx, but it seems as though I cannot get away from them.

I am considering building my own PC -- something I haven't done in about 7 years. It scares me a bit, actually.

So has anyone ever ordered from them?
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

I have a freind who swears by them.

But if you are in St. Louis, this is where I go to get my stuff, I like the fact that you can walk in and talk to them and return stuff to them.

jbtech
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

I have. Nothing but perfection. My brother is a computer programmer, got me with them, never had a problem. They have excellent customer care. I had to return something, and they make it easy as can be.

Go with them, Winston.
      The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Yaks,

Do they have the stuff in-stock that they list in their on-line catalog or are they going to have to order the stuff that I would want?
        When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

Originally posted by WinstonSmith@Mar 8 2004, 09:50 AM
          Yaks,

Do they have the stuff in-stock that they list in their on-line catalog or are they going to have to order the stuff that I would want?
          They have always had what I wanted on hand.

I have built several machines with parts from there.

Comment

Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 8 2004, 08:47 AM
            I have a freind who swears by them.

But if you are in St. Louis, this is where I go to get my stuff, I like the fact that you can walk in and talk to them and return stuff to them.

jbtech
            I used to work for them. That was about 5 years ago though. John (the owner) is a really good fella.

A guy I work with just got a boatload of stuff via newegg (system board, memory, cpu, video card, etc.) and it was actually here the next day
            Sponsor of:
            Brian Elliott
            Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
            5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

newegg is awesome. You can usually get stuff from them in about 2-3 days (depending on what warehouse it's coming from....they have one in Dallas, New York and California....if it's in Dallas, I've gotten stuff next day sometimes)

I buy everything from Newegg.

I've been to jbtech...and they're overpriced.
              Official Lounge Sponsor of:
              MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
              The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel@Mar 8 2004, 09:07 AM
                I've been to jbtech...and they're overpriced.
                depends on who you deal with over there. There can be a big markup on some things but if you get the right person you can get things at a corporate rate and that is no more than 5-10% over cost.
                Sponsor of:
                Brian Elliott
                Kolten Wong & the arch in the outfield grass at Busch Stadium
                5-29-14-House77 turns down offer of free beer from me

Comment

I have a question (as I am browsing newegg for component prices):

I am currently evaluating how much coin it'll take to build a system of my own as I need to replace my antiquated system of 4 years old. I am particularly looking at cases compared to motherboards.

The question I have is do the cases, when listed as ATX fit all the ATX boards? Specifically, I have looked at pictures of the back of the cases and the openings for the ports do not match the configuration of the boards that I'm interested in. For example, the boards with on-board audio have their ports shifted 90 degrees to that of the opening in the case. Can I get a case that fits that board, or are the cases reconfigurable to allow for the different orientation of ports?

Comment

Excellent question, Iowa.

I actually have several questions that I need some updates on my guys who have built their own systems more recently than I have.

A lot changes in PCs in 7 years =]

Comment

My co-worker whoi build his current PC and bought components from newegg isn't here yet or I'd ask him. I've worked on a lot of computers, and never really built one for myself. I did build one for my college roomate, but the parts and everything were ordered by him but I don't think he knew what he was really ordering as I had to put it together. But that was 5 years ago and I'm not that smart in new computer technology today.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 8 2004, 09:24 AM
                        But that was 5 years ago and I'm not that smart in new computer technology today.
                        That's my issue.

But, if I could do it 7 years ago, and you did it 5, then I'm sure we could manage=]

Let us know what your co-worker says, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 8 2004, 10:19 AM

I am currently evaluating how much coin it'll take to build a system of my own as I need to replace my antiquated system of 4 years old. I am particularly looking at cases compared to motherboards.

The question I have is do the cases, when listed as ATX fit all the ATX boards? Specifically, I have looked at pictures of the back of the cases and the openings for the ports do not match the configuration of the boards that I'm interested in. For example, the boards with on-board audio have their ports shifted 90 degrees to that of the opening in the case. Can I get a case that fits that board, or are the cases reconfigurable to allow for the different orientation of ports?
                          Your new mother board should come with a silver pannel that fits into the back of your case.

It pops out and you put the one that comes with your MOBO in.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa_Card@Mar 8 2004, 09:19 AM

Most cases come with a generic punchout plate for the motherboard connectors. Unfortunately, with the level on integration on motherboards now, that plate usually doesn't fit.

The good news is that most retail motherboard kits come with their own custom plate for the back of the case....which will fit their connectors to your case.
                            MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Building a computer now is like putting together Legos. It's very simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X