Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banning a member, or even thinking about it.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Banning a member, or even thinking about it.

    I posted this in another thread, and wanted to give it a thread of it's own.

    I don't agree with banning anyone unless they just systematically attack another forum member.

    Saying the Holocaust never happened may be in bad taste, and in my view untrue, I don't think when Torch says things like that he is attacking anyone in here.
    It may be offensive to some, obviously VERY offensive to one member, but I don't see it as a personal attack.

    I am DEEPLY offended by the death penalty, by people who think they have a right to KILL another human being, Also by people who think they have a right to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body. And trust me Kah, It PISSES me off just as much as Torch saying what he does pisses you off.
    But I don't see that as an attack ON ME, I don't think it is said just to start a fight, I think people who have those views actually believe they are right in there thinking.

    And as much as I'd LOVE to be able to tell other people how to think, or what they should believe, or that I know better than they do.... That is something that you and I both believe to be fascism. People have a right to think and say what they want, in fact one of the greatest quotes in the world is the one about how I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it. (someone do me a favor and put it on here)

    Kah you are on of my favorite people on here, I hope you really don't want to ban speech, even that speech.
    As a forum brother mentioned in that other thread, we left Bernie's because we didn't want to be told what views to hold or to discuss, I'd hate to see it suggested that we should ban someone because of his thoughts here.
    Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

  • #2
    Originally posted by madyaks@Mar 8 2004, 01:49 AM
    I posted this in another thread, and wanted to give it a thread of it's own.

    I don't agree with banning anyone unless they just systematically attack another forum member.

    Saying the Holocaust never happened may be in bad taste, and in my view untrue, I don't think when Torch says things like that he is attacking anyone in here.
    It may be offensive to some, obviously VERY offensive to one member, but I don't see it as a personal attack.

    I am DEEPLY offended by the death penalty, by people who think they have a right to KILL another human being, Also by people who think they have a right to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body. And trust me Kah, It PISSES me off just as much as Torch saying what he does pisses you off.
    But I don't see that as an attack ON ME, I don't think it is said just to start a fight, I think people who have those views actually believe they are right in there thinking.

    And as much as I'd LOVE to be able to tell other people how to think, or what they should believe, or that I know better than they do.... That is something that you and I both believe to be fascism. People have a right to think and say what they want, in fact one of the greatest quotes in the world is the one about how I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it. (someone do me a favor and put it on here)

    Kah you are on of my favorite people on here, I hope you really don't want to ban speech, even that speech.
    As a forum brother mentioned in that other thread, we left Bernie's because we didn't want to be told what views to hold or to discuss, I'd hate to see it suggested that we should ban someone because of his thoughts here.
    Well, it's a great ideal, but in actual practice I think being annoying will probably get you banned. If not, maybe someone can tell me why Tommy Smugala is banned, if not for just being a jerk.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Airshark@Mar 8 2004, 01:57 AM

      Well, it's a great ideal, but in actual practice I think being annoying will probably get you banned. If not, maybe someone can tell me why Tommy Smugala is banned, if not for just being a jerk.
      That dude is one creepy sum of bitch...

      He has stalked people, posted their photos on websites and sent harrasing messages to people...that is bannable..

      What torch has done is not...he express his opinion..albeit it is a sometimes scary position...he at least can defend it...

      Smegma can not...

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't mind Torch in the least, and I want him to stay. In fact, it bothers me more that people try to run him off.

        He never makes personal attacks, and he argues his positions. So you disagree, fine..I don't see Torchy attacking you personally.
        The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

        OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

        Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

        Comment


        • #5
          Folks,

          If we're totally honest with ourselves, we'll see that each of us has own own prejudices, biases, and opinions. While I may not agree with some positions stated on this board, I defend their right to express it.

          If I can be allowed to make one request, I'd like to see a little less stating points laced with "f bombs".
          Make America Great For Once.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 8 2004, 06:55 AM
            Folks,

            If we're totally honest with ourselves, we'll see that each of us has own own prejudices, biases, and opinions. While I may not agree with some positions stated on this board, I defend their right to express it.

            If I can be allowed to make one request, I'd like to see a little less stating points laced with "f bombs".
            Yeah, motherfuckers! I agree with Kev...
            . . . and to tell you this: I work with gays, have friends who are gay, go to church with gays. Most of them are aware that I believe that homosexual behavior is sin. Some of them actually agree. Most don't. It's OK . . . because they also know or at least have been made aware of my multitude of sins: adulterous heart, lustful and covetous behavior, wicked pride, angry spirit . . . do I need to go on?
            -mike
            mike smith, post-dispatch online sports editor

            Comment


            • #7
              someone got banned?
              Are you on the list?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Kev@Mar 8 2004, 07:55 AM
                Folks,

                If we're totally honest with ourselves, we'll see that each of us has own own prejudices, biases, and opinions. While I may not agree with some positions stated on this board, I defend their right to express it.

                If I can be allowed to make one request, I'd like to see a little less stating points laced with "f bombs".
                I agree, I am a fan of the F word, but only when used like "I can't Fing Believe he ate the whole thing"
                It is when it is directed at another member that it has no place being here.
                Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SLUBLUE@Mar 8 2004, 09:04 AM
                  someone got banned?
                  NO, it was just suggested that someone be banned for being an anti-semite, or for expressing views that a member saw as anti-semitic.
                  Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can't believe you haven't been banned for theft. :angry:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      kah feels strongly about free speach as long as he agrees with the content. JJ.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Don't ban the Torch!
                        Damn these electric sex pants!

                        26+31+34+42+44+46+64+67+82+06 = 10

                        Bring back the death penalty for corporations!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 8 2004, 09:18 AM
                          I can't believe you haven't been banned for theft. :angry:
                          Your not using it, I'll change back to my own when you want to use it again, but you can't deny this board her picture.

                          Besides I thought in some thread you said something about us being able to use it, you even posted a better copy of it so we could. Or was that not you?
                          Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Indu WangZi@Mar 8 2004, 01:59 AM
                            What torch has done is not...he express his opinion..albeit it is a sometimes scary position...he at least can defend it...

                            Mein Kampf is a legitmate defense? =]
                            When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by madyaks+Mar 8 2004, 08:22 AM-->
                              QUOTE(madyaks @ Mar 8 2004, 08:22 AM)
                            Working...
                            X