Kudos to the Illini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to the Illini

Congrats to my Illini for winning their first outright Big 10 title since 1952...

It figures we get the #1 seed and play at 11:00 am on Friday. So much for the orange beer... at least for me.. :( Oh well, hopefully Sunday I can break the red dye out..

I know there are a few Big 10 fans on here, so here is the bracket..

Big 10 Tourney bracket
    Bracket naturally a pdf..

Peace,
    The Tailor
    Official Lounge Co-Sponsor of Matty Mo.

"Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom. But I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control, and it didn't have any inherent wisdom.." --- Joe Strummer

\'user \'user

WOO HOO!!!

Go Illini!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF INDEPENDENT MUSIC
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF YOUR 2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF WACHA WACHA WACHA
    OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF PICKS AND PROSPECTS FOR THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS

Comment

I was sweating bullets at the end of that game today! They got a little lazy on D and let them back in it. Then the crowd started pumping them up and they couldn't miss anything in the last 8 minutes. We held them off...barely, though.

Great win and so nice to see a great guy like Weber get some accolades. He deserves B.T. coach of the year despite what Carmody did with Northwestern. Last year at this time, if you had told me that we'd lose coach Self to Kansas and hire Weber (from the college I attended, SIU) to take over AND we'd go 13-3 to win the conference, I'd have told you to get your fucking head examined. UNREAL.

GO ILLINI!!
      *Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate Barack Obama—after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq

Comment

Went to the NU/Michigan game yesterday...it's too bad we couldn't pull that one out and take the #4 seed. Now we need to beat both Penn St. and MSU to get to the NIT.

NU had a good year, but I couldn't argue with Weber for coach of the year. We really stunk it up in nonconference play.

Best,
        Ryan

Comment

Good luck to the rest of the Big 10. I hope the Illini lose big.

Comment

They wont win the tourney, but They will make the finals.

What seed would they get if they won the tourney?

3?
            4?

I think if they lose tourney they will get a 5.
            Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenotebacker@Mar 8 2004, 11:20 AM
              Good luck to the rest of the Big 10. I hope the Illini lose big.
              Sour grapes at its best.
              When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

While you guys are focused on the Big 10, Big 12, and C-USA tournaments, I'll keep you updated on the Big East tournament. The Mighty Panthers of Pittsburgh, outright Big East champions for the second year in a row, are the top seed and have a first round bye. They play Virginia Tech or Rutgers at Noon EST Thursday (which means I have to wake up by 9 am to see it). UConn is the second seed, Providence third, and Syracuse fourth. I am REALLY hoping for a Pitt-UConn final for the third consecutive year.

The conference is going to get six teams into the NCAA Tournament (Pitt, UConn, Providence, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Boston College). A good showing by Notre Dame and they'll get seven but with an RPI of 47, the Irish probably will need two wins and they would play UConn in the second round.

If Pitt wins the thing, I believe they should get the fourth No. 1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 8 2004, 11:29 AM
                  If Pitt wins the thing, I believe they should get the fourth No. 1 seed.
                  Miss St. has the first shot @ the 4th #1. If they win the SEC, they'll get it.
                  Official Lounge Sponsor of:
                  MIGOTS!, TJ Oshie, David Freese, Sponsoring Softball Players, Trout, Bon Jovi, Cold, hard facts, rigidly defined with mathematical precision, The abortion boat, which traveled to Poland in 2003 and Ireland in 2001.

Former Lounge Sponsor of:
                  The Hebrew Hammer, BBZ, Foods that start with the letter 'Q', Paul 'Visor' Mitchell, FBBHOFer Brett "William" Wallace, BBFHOF, THE LALPHABET: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N I Z M N O P Q R S T U V Z T U V X Y X Z, The Return of MarkD.

Comment

Originally posted by devaskar@Mar 8 2004, 11:29 AM
                    While you guys are focused on the Big 10, Big 12, and C-USA tournaments
                    You wont need to. ESPN already will be cramming it down our throat.

I am sure there are some good teams over there, but if ESPN had its way, there would be no Big Ten teams and ALL Big East teams would make the big dance.

Frankly, I am fed up with that and the ACC.

Comment

Originally posted by BringBackZezel+Mar 8 2004, 09:31 AM-->
                      QUOTE(BringBackZezel @ Mar 8 2004, 09:31 AM)

Originally posted by JackSparrow+Mar 8 2004, 09:32 AM-->
                      QUOTE(JackSparrow @ Mar 8 2004, 09:32 AM)

Originally posted by WinstonSmith+Mar 8 2004, 11:28 AM-->
                      QUOTE(WinstonSmith @ Mar 8 2004, 11:28 AM)

If ND beats UConn again, they are in. But thats a BIG if.

If they dont beat them, they will win the NIT.

Comment

a
                        Official sponsor of the St. Louis Cardinals

"This is a heavyweight bout indeed."--John Rooney, Oct. 27, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X