UPDATE: FedEx/UBid Screwing Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: FedEx/UBid Screwing Me

I promised an update on Friday and just now got around to doing it.

In short, nothing is new. I have no new computer, the Vaio I bought from UBid is still "lost" -- though the tracking number on FedEx.com still lists it as being in STL. Ha ha ha.

Last week I talked to someone at UBid who told me that the person that I talked to the previous week "John" had screwed up. He was supposed to contact the UBid rep at FedEx, but instead just called the same number that any of us would call. He got nowhere and the guy I talked to at UBid told me that John's mistake was going to delay me getting credit. He said John is being reprimanded. Whatever.

I also talked to FedEx this week. THey wanted me to fill out a claim. To me, this is bullshit. These fuckers lose or steal my 40lbs computer, and I have to file a bunch of paperwork. So I did it anyway, and when I finished it online, it said a claim had already been filed.

So I called UBid again this Friday. They told me its being processed by FedEx and that FedEx works on their own pace. "They're a big company and they do things on their own timetable. There's nothing we can do to speed it up."

UBid told me that there would be no credit to my CC unti lthe weekend was up.

To say I am still pissed is as much of an understatement as me saying Britney is hot.

In terms of getting a new PC.... UBid claims they have no more of that particular Vaio model. They cannot send me a different one.

I'll have to bid again.

I get no free shipping.

I get no gift certificates.

Even worse, if I want a computer similar to the one I bought, I'm going to have to pay more. I won an auction for about $730, now ones that are simlilar but not the same model are going anywhere from 850-920.

So I'm going to have to pay for them fucking me over.

I really doubt I"ll my credit on Monday.

I still new a new PC, and sure I have other options. But I can't even build one for $850.

Boy did I get fucked over.
    When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Talk about a Confederacy of Dunces. I'm sorry you've seemingly run into the most inept people on the face of the planet. I just hope you get your money back soon.

Oh and here is Britney in full size again in an attempt to put a smile on ya face.

Comment

YOU NEED TO GO TO UBID AND CRACK SOME FUCKING SKULLS!!!!!!!

Official Lounge Sponsor of Lou Brock (really) and Ryan Franklin (really)*

* Payment processing. It will be official soon.

Comment

I still new a new PC, and sure I have other options. But I can't even build one for $850.
        If you've got time to kill or like challenging things, I'd recommend building your own PC.

Comment

Bump for all those who are interested.
          When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

I just remembered something that happened to me once that is a similar case.

I ordered something off the internet, and it said it would take about a week to arrive. After two weeks it had not arrived (there was no tracking function), so I phoned a person up to find out about it. They assured me it had been delivered and signed for. This was news to me as neither had happened.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I never got anything because they claimed I had received it. :angry:. This was when I was in Britain, the customer service of companies there would make FedEx look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird_English_Guy@Mar 7 2004, 04:13 PM
              Talk about a Confederacy of Dunces. I'm sorry you've seemingly run into the most inept people on the face of the planet. I just hope you get your money back soon.

Oh and here is Britney in full size again in an attempt to put a smile on ya face.

She makes everything OK.
              Be passionate about what you believe in, or why bother.

Comment

DOOMED
                Official Sponsor of Jim Edmonds & John Smoltz

Comment

Win- what kind of PC are you trying to build? $850 should be plenty unless you are looking for 100% most expensive components on everything and like 3GB of the best memory etc. Check www.newegg.com or www.essencompu.com or maybe www.pricewatch.com for some ideas.

Comment

Working...
                  X