Getting Closer To Bin Laden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Closer To Bin Laden

NEWSWEEK: U.S. Military, Intelligence Officials Are Confident They Are Narrowing bin Laden's Whereabouts; Human Intel Is Key to Search

Using powerful software called Analyst's Notebook that helps to piece together data on criminal and terrornetworks, U.S. military and intelligence officials are increasingly confident they are narrowing Osama bin Laden's whereabouts, Newsweek reports in the March 15 issue (on newsstands Monday, March 8). Key to the search is "accumulated humint," or human intelligence, says one insider. Other officials tell Newsweek that an increasing number of "data points" -- reports
    of sightings -- have created an ever-clearer picture of bin Laden's area of
    operation as he appears to shuttle between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Now
    they've focused that picture to the point where they have been able to send in
    Predator unmanned aerial vehicles to search for him.

The man charged with finding bin Laden is former Navy SEAL and current
    rear admiral William H. McRaven, Newsweek has learned. He's heading up Task
    Force 121, a covert, miniature strike force with a command structure so
    secretive that McRaven's role hasn't even been reported until now.

MORE

Mr. G

"So secretive up till now."

I hate Newsweek and Time. If they started to do actual journalism and opinions, then they may actually be worth reading.

But the whole People magazine treatment of world events makes me reach for my shredder...
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life. -TR

OFFICIAL LOUNGE SPONSOR OF NEW YORK CITY, TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MARYLAND TERRAPINS

Madyaks2 Thought Of The Day: I'm just as dumb as madyaks1.

Comment

Wow, how's that for an assignment?

"Good morning Admiral. We've got a little task we'd like you to handle."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this guy just may get a phone call from every publisher in the land if/when Bin Laden is caught.
      " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

It's going to be a great day when we locate him and fire a missile up his ass.
        Official Sponsor of the National League Three-Peat.

Comment

Originally posted by CSD@Mar 7 2004, 01:37 PM
          It's going to be a great day when we locate him and fire a missile up his ass.
          That better be televised. I can't think of better reality TV.
          " Look, forget the myths the media's created about the White House--the truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand."

Comment

Originally posted by _STLfan_in_DFW+Mar 7 2004, 01:40 PM-->
            QUOTE(_STLfan_in_DFW @ Mar 7 2004, 01:40 PM)

\"IPB

WINGEDWHEEL

Comment

Originally posted by Hullie@Mar 7 2004, 02:20 PM
              Where's his dialysis machine?

I call bullshit...

"Can't buy what I want because it's free...
              Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
              -- Pearl Jam, from the single Corduroy

Comment

I hope they don't put a missle up his ass. I hope they capture him and then we'll see just how ready to die for his cause he really is.

Of course, I was also the one who advocated rebuilding the WTC exactly the same, with the exception of a 200-foot tall impaling spike on the top of each one, one for Osama and one for Mullah Omar. They never listen to me... B)

Comment

I would pay up to 99.99 for a PPV torture/execution of that motherfucker.
                  When you say to your neighbor, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night if that's alright with you," what you really mean is, "We're having a loud party on Saturday night."

Comment

How much would it suck to be hunted like Bin Laden is?
                    "Need some wood?" -- George W. Bush, October 8, 2004

"Historians will judge if this war is just, not your punk ass." -- Dave Glover, December 8, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Airshark@Mar 7 2004, 02:51 PM
                      I hope they don't put a missle up his ass. I hope they capture him and then we'll see just how ready to die for his cause he really is.

Agreed.
                      Dude. Can. Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom@Mar 7 2004, 03:51 PM
                        How much would it suck to be hunted like Bin Laden is?
                        I don't know, how much would it suck to have to choose to jump 106 stories to your death rather than burn in a fire when some terrorist crashes an airliner into your building?

Comment

Working...
                        X